Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#1,419 ·
install srt window banner

Reactions: steelbluejeep
#1,422 ·
We can be sad together. :cry::cry: Mines been parked and covered for days now. Just been so busy and now its covered with snow...blah.

#1,421 ·
I tried to start it last night and nothing! My battery froze! I've never had that happen. It's been two weeks since I've started it. Warranty covered s new one. I also repaired pin holes in my outer cooler for the Maggie. Don't know what caused them but fixed now. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part
Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automobile repair shop

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#1,425 ·
Looks good^

#1,426 ·
Just installed my new rear badge

#1,432 ·
Installed ported TB and sea foamed the car, cleaned and painted SRT8 logo on the seats. Oh and I wiped her down with the detailer. I also installed my 6000k putco fog and low beams. Ahhhh a good day!

#1,436 ·
Installed Stage 6 QA1's, Bwoody endlinks, R1 rotors, and Stoptech pads! I feel accomplished. :armed: My man gerd35 helped me along the whole way. Thanks again Greg! We were flying through it so I only had time to take one pic. Plus I had grease everywhere...I'm messy.

#1,437 ·
Installed Stage 6 QA1's, Bwoody endlinks, R1 rotors, and Stoptech pads! I feel accomplished. :armed: My man gerd35 helped me along the whole way. Thanks again Greg! We were flying through it so I only had time to take one pic. Plus I had grease everywhere...I'm messy.
Nice, bet it feels good now

#1,439 ·
install rear spoiler

#1,440 ·
Still owe you guys pics but I also added SRT8 logos to steering wheel and shifter.

#1,442 ·
Started cleaning the rims...I am sure they have never been cleaned...that dust is crusted on some sections...I'm gonna have to remove them and just found that they are beat to shit around the edges like they used rebar to change the tires lol not really hut they are not pretty the dust covered the scuffs...

#1,445 ·
No offense to the ladies in here...but this truck had to be a wifes ride...I just finished cleaning the wheels and wow some one had too much fun curbing then things are not pretty that dealer got me good, and shame on me for not catching it, they looked better dirty I'm afraid to see them in the day light...