Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#1,383 ·
SOLO Mach XJ3 cat back system up & in today. no additional charge for the big grin on my face & 1/4 chub in my pants over how it sounds.. :D

Attachments

#1,384 ·
Have you played with the adjustable J-pipes yet?

#1,385 ·
no not yet man, steve @ SOLO had them pre set already. so i will go rip it around for a bit & see if that will be necessary..

#1,386 ·
Sick, bet it sounds nasty super curious about those J-pipes being adjustable sounds awesome

#1,387 ·
Black ops FG venom hood, re-routed washer nozzles, shorty antenna, plasti dipped my wheels on the weekend and just got 275/315 NT05's mounted up. Good week!

#1,393 ·
Thanks guys. I cannot believe it but my local body shop naaaaailed the color match first try!

#1,394 ·
Bought Coilovers,CF Medic and now waiting like a 10year old at the window for it all to come.

#1,404 ·
Last night I stopped by the shop doing my mods to remind myself of what she looks like (she's been there since just after Thanksgiving).

So for now it seems I'll just have to continue to live vicariously through you folks on this thread.:(

#1,405 · (Edited)
I fixed the infamous coolant leak. The dealer couldn't figure it, I couldn't, and many here
seemed to think it was the radiator cap or caused by coolant tank level above ADD
line. Well after 2 yrs of amazing luck that the coolant did not affect and engine parts or
belt I bought a Billet Tecnology thermostat neck housing and solved the problem
completely. The job takes 15 minutes and you need a socket for the bolts and flat head
to take off clamp and lightly pry up on the housing. If you do this order a new JET 180 thermostat, as it will come with a new gasket. Remove old clean area and add a small layer of RED RTV gasket silicone to ensure all will seal properly. Put everything back the way it came off and you'll never have that mysterious coolant all over that area of the motor again!
I had to replace 1/2 gallon of coolant, I used Zerex.

Attachments

#1,406 ·
Did yours spray worse with the SC? Mine sure did! I'll be trying this fix as NOTHING has worked on mine yet.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#1,407 · (Edited)
Yes., and it sneaks out the bottom of the therm housing and blows all over the head
and parts around. Make sure you use a thin coating of the RED RTV and you'll kiss
the problem goodbye or be pissed and me instead!
I did buy and try the STAT radiator cap 1st and nothing.

#1,409 ·
Rolled 30,000 miles. Barely breaking it in!

#1,412 ·
Well no today as I just got up...but yesterday I decided to use it to scare the wife...I gave it gas as I drove over some black ice, instant slide without effort or tire wear ftw