Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Procharger install complete!

17K views 134 replies 31 participants last post by  jeffstar 
#1 · (Edited)
Dudes,

Well my install is complete but all of my pictures are posted on Facebook so you'll have to look HERE to see them!

DAY 1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.355277737848673.76490.100000993492856&type=3

DAY 2

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.356028631106917.76716.100000993492856&type=3

DAY 3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.356328274410286.76821.100000993492856&type=3

Overall, pretty easy honestly. I worked about 5 hours a day and it took 3 days so say 15 hours? I've got a few steps left and tuning but overall the heavy lifting is complete. I LOVE THE WAY IT IDLES! :) :) :)

FIRST START VIDEO:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=356562367720210&set=vb.100000993492856&type=2&theater

ALL BUTTONED UP!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.357139870995793.76985.100000993492856&type=1&notif_t=like

If you don't have Facebook you can't see this stuff....

Next step Johan and I are going to street tune this thing! :)

See less See more
#92 ·
SO I finally, finally, finally got my gauges from Aeroforce ....

Boost is only at 5lbs max, I've checked the belt it is not slipping, I've bypassed the surgevalve and capped it off for just a test run and had the exact same results, 5lbs max. I've got PLENTY of fuel....I've checked all the pipes and I can't find any leaks/loose connections.

Any suggestions? Procharger says Dyno the truck and if there are no leaks they'll send me a smaller pulley if I want or I am disappointed with the dyno power level.

#95 ·
Johan should be able to see the boost in your logs. Jose can figure it out I have not got to that level of reading logs yet. It sounded easy but I have not got around to it. Its funny mine was to high and yours is to low. I switched pulleys and now I am happy with 7-8 Psi. It was only $89 for a new pulley not bad at all.

Reactions: jeffstar
#97 ·
Not sure if it makes. Difference, but I think he is running the P1SC head versus other guys who are running a D1SC Jeff..... Interesting to see if this is where the difference would be because like you said I saw 8.77 psi kn one of your logs.....

#96 ·
Subtract 14.7 from your map psi and there's your boost.

#106 ·
Ok... I would think that 2 stock engines one with a P1 and one with a D1 would make the same amount of boost with the stock 3.7" pulley as they both have the same internal Step up Ratio..... Will be interesting to see......

#102 ·
He has the P1 I think. I haven't even got mine into the 11's yet but that is my fault cause I have not logged any in a week or two. I am still high 10's at WOT also.

Reactions: Knuckles
#103 ·
Wait so you have track it and mention nothing :( , good or bad post the times man , Help comes from there , I think at 7 psi 11's should be cake , even with AFR in the high 10's IMO .

#105 ·
Ohhhh Got ya , Do a 4rth gear pull from 40-120+ , either log or eye your AFR Like i do . Should be cake to just lean it out a few using the trinity or predator .

#111 · (Edited)
Yeah thats what Iwould think.... About 2 or 3 weeks ago HHP reported making 502HP/467 TQ on 6 psi of boost on a totally stock jeep with a P1SC head and the stock pulley...

Jeff how are you calculating boost? Do you have a Boost gauge in the jeep or are you using the suedo boost gauge that on the Trinity? Because i have seen the suedo boost gauge to be off.....

Here is the Dynosheet and this was on a 2wd Dynojet...

#108 · (Edited)
So here is what I've done so far:

1) Checked all pressurized connections
2) Tightened belt as tight as it needs to be (was a bit loose)
3) bypassed the BOV/Surgevalve and tested
4) verified the head unit has the correct pulley 3.5"

Jeep is still only seeing 5psi max and that is at 5K RPM.

I'm going to send some logs to Johan for his opinion and whatever tweaks he sees we can do now etc.

Procharger has asked me to dyno the car and if it makes 500+ rwhp then my motor is just more efficient than most (I highly doubt this) it is 100% stock w/B&B catback.

If the Jeep makes sub 485 rwhp with a healthy A/F and timing and we discover no leaks and the kit is only making 5psi they will take my headunit back, evaluate it and install a smaller pulley at no charge and retain my warranty.

Like I said, I'm pleased with the way ATI is dealing with the challenge as they have been professional and helpful every step of the way.

BTW: How do I dyno this thing on a RWD dyno? Can somebody link me to the procedure to make it RWD temporarily?

I'll keep you guys posted.

#110 ·
Pull your transfer case motor, put the Jeep in Dyno mode with your Diablo and you are good to go.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#112 ·
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

The KPA the SRT4 sensor is showing is right in line with what PSI the gauge is showing. I've had Johan look at the logs from this morning, he says everything looks good but the boost is like 5psi.

The Diablo has a "Dyno" mode? I haven't seen that, where is it in the menu?

Also, how do I unbolt the transfer case motor, is there a link/DIY on the forum?

Thanks!

#113 ·
If you get under your jeep say mid-span and look up at your transfer case (attached to the transmission) you will see a motor housing sticking out toward you. Disconnect the wiring harness plugged into into it then remove the bolts holding it in place (can't recall if it's two or four bolts). Carefully remove the motor from the T-Case.

I know I've seen how to's somewhere with pictures on here. Good luck bro!

#115 ·
I knew they are 10mm but couldn't recall how many Harvey had to pull on his. Lol!

Thanks Jose!

#118 ·
Go in your Predator and go under custom tune... In there go under transmission and Dyno mode will be in there.... Not sure its really necessary though as I was able to Dyno my Jeep on a Dyno with just putting turning off the traction control...

#119 ·
We put Harvey's (YungSRT) Jeep in dyno mode after pulling the motor just to be safe.

#120 · (Edited)
Well boys here is the latest update...

Did I mention I've been a car guy since I was 16 years old? Along the way I've built a few Supercharged & Turbocharged cars and I just happen to have a boost-leak tester.

I hooked this little baby up and tested my pipes up to 15 psi and left them at 15 psi for about 5 minutes and couldn't discover any leaks. I went ahead and turned it up to 20 psi and i hear no leaks.

I do not have a leak.
my belt is not slipping
my engine is stock
Johan loves the logs but says the boost is very low for a PSC-1 kit

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.370260146350432.79532.100000993492856&type=1

#122 ·
The latest update:

Procharger support & customer service is as good as it gets guys. This company REALLY, REALLY,REALLY stands behind their products and truly cares about the customer experience & the end results made with their blowers. Despite my little hiccup I'm going through I would buy a Procharger system over another option any day of the week. These guys just rock!

Anyways, we're going to try some smaller pulley options next week, I'll update everyone once I get time to swap some parts out and that should help me find my missing 2#s of boost! :)

#126 ·
Jeff that is a great looking T-type you got there! The white with the GNX wheels looks amazing! My car all through college was a maroon t-type with a brand new 3.8 that I installed. Never should have sold that car!

#127 ·
It's got me thinking I may need to transition some additional funds towards it honestly...anyone want to buy a really awesome Procharger kit, complete with gauges, plugs and a-pillar? :) (I'm halfway serious hahah)

#129 ·
Jeff

That is a great car. Your gunna love it. I know because I had one for 22 years that I bought new at the Buick dealership. They're still a hot car but back in the 80's with a few mods nothing could touch them in a straight line. I ended up selling mine to Dennis Kirban when I bought my Jeep. I still miss it. I just didn't have enough garage space to keep it. Here's some pic's of mine so you know why I like yours so much.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Sedan Full-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle

#130 ·
Jeff

That is a great car. Your gunna love it. I know because I had one for 22 years that I bought new at the Buick dealership. They're still a hot car but back in the 80's with a few mods nothing could touch them in a straight line. I ended up selling mine to Dennis Kirban when I bought my Jeep. I still miss it. I just didn't have enough garage space to keep it. Here's some pic's of mine so you know why I like yours so much.

View attachment 22250 View attachment 22251 View attachment 22252
Wow, I love that color :)

#131 ·
Ok so update...

My Jeep's Procharger took a smaller 3.3" pulley vs 3.5" pulley that comes with the H.O. Kit to achieve the target 7lbs. (6.75-6.85lbs actually). The truck runs fantastic, boost comes on quick in partial throttle driving (2-4lbs) and you can now really hear the surge valve release the boost pressure...SOUNDS SICK!!!

It may be a while until I hit the dyno but the truck FEELS like it picked up about 35-50 rwhp with the additional 2lbs of boost. That is my update guys! :)

#132 ·
Glad to hear you threw on the new pulley Jeff and it got you to where you wanted to be....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.