Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

mopar crate engine

8K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  ltleo 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had any experince with these mopar crate engines. Found an all aluminum stroker engine in the mopar catalouge. After battling it out over a supercharger i think the stroker is what direction I want to go.
426 Hemi Crate Engine, 540 Horsepower
Mopar's newest crate engine pays homage to its legendary roots in this all new
aluminum Gen III Hemi. At 540 horsepower and 530 ft.-lbs. of torque (SAE
J1349), this Hemi is a real beast.
Features:
· 426 cubic-inches in a HEMI Gen III Siamese-Bore Block (P5155507)
· All Aluminum Cylinder Heads and Engine Block (4.0" Stroke X 4.125" Bore)
· Over 500 Horsepower and 500 lb-ft Torque
· Forged Crankshaft, Connecting Rods and Pistons
· 8620 HR billet steel main caps with 6-bolt (# 2/3/4) and 4-bolt (# 1/5) caps to
beef-up the bottom end for severe performance applications
· All HEMI Gen III dress items fit (front cover, oil pan, oil filter mounting, Front
End Accessory Drive (FEAD) etc.)
· Includes attachments for a front motor plate
P5155513 Crate Engine, 426 Hemi, Aluminum,
any advice would e great. had a quote from local egnine rebuilder for 10340$ to have them build me one, this one is priced at 6330 my cost and I get to keep my stock motor. I have a tuner lined up once the install is done. Hopefully this engine will be ok, but any advice would be great.

See less See more
#13 ·
I think they are quoting you a short block... if not, buy 2 then sell one for 12k = free engine :D

#14 ·
guys damn, i was wrong, they called and found it is just a short block. thje retail is well into 20000. I guess its back to taking out the original and ssending it off to the machine shop. I was quoted 10k to do 426 with wiseco pistons, k1 crank comp cam, head work, including porting, arp head bolts ect ect. plus tuning. "i am going to go that route and see where it leads. Hopefully it will dyno out good.

#15 ·
guys damn, i was wrong, they called and found it is just a short block. thje retail is well into 20000. I guess its back to taking out the original and ssending it off to the machine shop. I was quoted 10k to do 426 with wiseco pistons, k1 crank comp cam, head work, including porting, arp head bolts ect ect. plus tuning. "i am going to go that route and see where it leads. Hopefully it will dyno out good.

That's what I thought. ;)

FYI, There are 3 versions of that motor

515 hp:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P5156159/10002/-1?parentProductId=1710917

565 hp:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P5155513AB/10002/-1?parentProductId=1710917

615 hp:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P5156139/10002/-1?parentProductId=1710917

#22 ·
Yes check out all our vendors. I went with a HHP-BES 426 stroker. VERY happy. Josh is a stand up guy and any motor build by BES speaks for itself. You do get what you pay for in the long run, especially if you want a long term daily driver.
LPM is very solid as well. My advise do your research don't rush it and talk to your builders,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.