Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My 3000th Post, AND A FEW PICS...

37K views 197 replies 51 participants last post by  Jack_Toepfer 
#1 · (Edited)
My 3000th post. How about that. Chris at TTC must have noticed my post count and decided to have some fun. Can't imagine why, but an impressive number of onlookers took interest. For that reason, I'll add some photos to my 3000th post to at least make it entertaining and not a total loss.

As it turns out, I am trying a new thing or two in the engine bay, Sony A55 and others at work...

Casting sig for...

a alum new block, still in the wrapper

block upskirt, nice mains...

Carillo rods

that will connect to Ross pistons

one ring to squeeze them all...

new jeep fuel hat from Fixer Dave Sawin - triple 340s, billet basket set up for a-n fittings -10 out and -6 in.

high tech fuel squirters from ID

Intermission - Tech tip - If anyone was curious about the rocker bones/head straps part numbers - 6.1 vs apache, they really are a little different...

Speaking of heads, here's the port job on some Apache heads now, with Ferrera 8mm whizbang valves to be backcut and angled, springts, retainers, keepers and guides of suitable spec. Sorry no pics yet., well, maybe one or two...

intake port

exhaust port

chamber clean up

The Techco twin screw should really like a new 4.18x bore block and ported apache heads.

Then again, maybe I could change the lungs, while the engine's out and all...

Cool gadget, but what's it for.....

To control all of this...

Twin Turbo Creations 67/66 ball bearing billet ball buster balls out Jeep turbo kit.

Coated image...

Thanks Chris, with all the success Peter is having with his kit, I am looking forward to bolting this together. The local shop may even let me turn a bolt or two on the clamps besides just holding the flashlight. ;)

Gonna need a new intake manifold...

Also had it ported and machined a beer keg intake to accept a 90mm...

and smoothed the runners and bosses so the air will flow....

Can't have cold turbos..., Chris, the coating done yet?

and I guess I'll need a new badge...

Probably need a Techco for sale thread, too.

So there's the grocery list. Been quietly accumulating for months, which has in itself been lots of fun, especially with a number of different folks competitively running low numbers with turbo kits this summer. Now am running out of things that we don't have. Once heads are completed and delivered, a turbo cam of suitable spec will be designed locally in collaboration with Cammotion. Not going in the shop just yet, first will be heading up the highway a bit to Jason Wood of Wizard Racing for some safety. Maybe its all done in time to make FL in January 2013. Or 2015 at this rate.......

See less See more
1 19
#3 ·
Congrats on the 3,000th post, George..... and more so, on the upcoming build! No doubt the heavy hitters on the forum already had some idea what you were working on, but from my perspective you definitely kept all this under the radar. Looking forward to seeing this one materialize into another potential 9-second Jeep! :cool:

#5 ·
Congratulations on the new build George! Can't wait to see it come to fruition! Welcome to the Twin Turbo Club!

#16 · (Edited)
:shrug03:

What I was told. Maybe not aeromotive? dunno, didn't build it. I guess if another pump out there that pumps 340 with black tips, maybe that's what's in there. Since not running E85, should be enough in either event. Update: confirmed 340 lph, not a Walbro, that's all I can say at this time. ;)

Good for you George, was that a Mont Blanc?
I see my old pen made it into a few shots. Yes. From the pocket to the desk.

#18 ·
Great looking build :eek:....Turbos The FTMFW :bluecap:

#25 · (Edited)
From the bore to the hone, all lubed up, honing plate on deck. Then with the plate off, its done. Last pass was 400 gr stone, iirc. Cylinder bores all in spec, nice cross hatching, now back to the stand for prep work and rotating assembly...

Attachments

#28 · (Edited)
44xish...

So happy for ya G!! Chris I'm glad someone down here bought a kit from you wish I could afford one. I can't wait to see this thing in person.
Will let you know when it arrives.

Getting packed this week... and the crank is now balanced... All the bits and the turbos being boxed...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.