Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

LA SRTs

16K views 84 replies 15 participants last post by  SinisterSRT 
#1 ·
Any regular meets for SRT guys in Louisiana? Any info or links?

#3 ·
I live in Meraux, work in Metairie, and date a girl in covington, so I cover some ground. I came from Lightnings and there were meets regularly.

I know the Jeeps probably dont have have enough members to do it regularly. I thought maybe there were other SRT/MOPAR groups/clubs that we might jump in with.

#5 ·
Sometimes Sunday afternoon is a good time to go to the Lakefront. Also, Sundays 4-5ish and later, there are usually cars. about 6 or so vettes out here last week, along with some LS cars from da hood and some rice. Some tiny rim air lifted 70s cars out there too, but in a different spot. you're close to 510, 510 to I10 get off at West End Blvd, go straight and veer right by Landry's and you are there.

We also have a monthly Mopar meet first Saturday of the month at the Pitstop on Jefferson highway.

#8 ·
LA MOPAR owner

I am in Morgan City and I am a member of BEMA (Big Easy Mopar Association) with my wife. They are an every thing Mopar club. It is N.O. based club and they have an open cruise every first sat of every month at The pit stop 4117 Jefferson Hwy from 6pm-10pm. Food, drinks, 50/50, and door prizes. It fills up fast with all kinds of cars.

We usually take our 1969 Roadrunner and the wife’s PCP 2010 SRT Challenger sometimes the Jeep and superbird depends on wifes mood. You can check out the site at bigeasymopar.org.

Other than the few local random car shows not much goes on here. (We spend most of our time in Houma)

I don’t do car shows but my wife does every chance she gets. I will post any upcoming shows in and around this area incase any of you are interested.

Thanks
MHA

#10 ·
I am in Morgan City and I am a member of BEMA (Big Easy Mopar Association) with my wife. They are an every thing Mopar club. It is N.O. based club and they have an open cruise every first sat of every month at The pit stop 4117 Jefferson Hwy from 6pm-10pm. Food, drinks, 50/50, and door prizes. It fills up fast with all kinds of cars.

We usually take our 1969 Roadrunner and the wife’s PCP 2010 SRT Challenger sometimes the Jeep and superbird depends on wifes mood. You can check out the site at bigeasymopar.org.

Other than the few local random car shows not much goes on here. (We spend most of our time in Houma)

I don’t do car shows but my wife does every chance she gets. I will post any upcoming shows in and around this area incase any of you are interested.

Thanks
MHA
Seen them and they are all nice rides!

#11 ·
Iam from bogalusa but own a cigarette store in mandeville/Abita springs stop by some time you will kno when you see it on hwy 59 srt8 jeep always sittn out front lol

#15 ·
By the Movie rental place?

#13 ·
We are finishing up a build for a guy named Thomas and sadly I don't know his screen name who lives in La. We are doing a 413ci with an 88mm turbo. We are REALLY late in delivering this build due to flat out craziness going on at the shop. He only want 1000rwhp but this build is waaaaay more capable of that number. It's basically Keoni's build but the engine was done through us. It's gonna be a force to be reckoned with in La. It'll be between Thomas and George for the nastiest Jeep in La. And honestly.... I don't give shit who wins. They're both 9 sec Jeeps.

#14 ·
Spotted a 2012 Jeep srt8 Thursday night in Mandeville, LA at a CVS.. Anyone here?

#36 ·
ya I know I wont be trying to surpass him. I am happy with my little ole 800 hp for now. Once I get the fuel hat I will crank it up to 1000 but I dont think I will try to push 1500+ which is what I heard George may be pushing :eek:

He can be king for all I care. I know anyone else is toast from a light so thats good for me, lol. Plus its a good marketing tool for my biz. ;)

#37 ·
Will do as soon as it comes in.... Dealer said hopefully sometime in Mid-Late Dec. This is my first Brand New Vehicle and im super excited about it.

Reactions: LASRT
#41 ·
Dunno, I think the lag with the singles out there is enough to increase 60 fts to 1.7ish based on those who have posted unless you've got something going with a switch or two step. Either way once they're blowing both can service the air charge needed for making your jeep move.

I run a twin screw now and get 1.5s with wavetrac and shit flying everywhere etc. When we install the front wavetrac maybe a little better.

I have twin 67s to install and will have static compression at about 9.8:1, so I am not expecting excessive lag off the line, probably need to foot brake it. Will probably use a tight converter and will live with what I get rather than heat and load the driveline hoping for 1.4s and picking up pieces after 10 runs.

How big are the GT35s and what's the architecture with the pipes? That seems to be the big deal with how well sized they are and where they are located so they work and don't have too much backpressure

Also maybe cam choice for opening the exhaust a little early to get the turbo going might help some.

Attachments

#44 ·
my lag is very minimal now and spools up asap at 12 lbs. And as far as the specs go I really wouldn't know but can see if I can find out. I bought Sbardys jeep fyi.

I just think the single BIG Azz turbo is sick looking man lol. I need to get a fuel hat and will then turn mine up to 900 or 1000 awhp come Jan 13 but for now my 750 awhp is good for me. This thing is a rocket with my NTO5s on it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.