Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

"custom" tune

6K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  J&D's SRT's 
#1 ·
this is new territory for me since I am used to GM units. How do we go about getting custom tunes for our WK2s? I know the Diablosport Trinity will be available soon but I am looking for someone who gets the vehicle on a rolling dyno and really tunes it.

We are going to be working with Kookks on a new set of headers and minds and I wanted to make sure we get the full advantage of the added exhaust flow.

The tuning I have had done on my GTO was on a Mustang dyno and with HP tuners. I am aware HP does not support Chrysler products so what are shops using out there?

Last question; how accurate would it be to load a "custom" canned tune from a shop with the DS? Every engine is different and I have always felt that the canned tunes get you in a safe ballpark figure without actually seeing what the motor is doing ultimately leaving power on the table...

#3 ·
Johan at DS has been tweaking some tunes through email for members. Just data log and send in for revisions. Not sure on all the details, but I would think doing a email tune with Johan will get the headers running correctly. I'd suggest getting a wide band to properly tune the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
Now I could be wrong. But, I think if you contact Johan and tell him you're getting headers and what size. If you have a CAI and exhaust upgrade, he can give you a base tune for the changes at install. Then after installation start data logging so he can get you a better tune. I think Skip can help you out with more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.