Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

8K HID's installed - Totally amazed at results

5K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  XenonDepot 
#1 ·
Installed the new bulbs, lows and fogs, and it totally transformed the look of the front, in my opinion. But I'm already getting flashed by on-comers who think I have my highs on, haha oops:D:D

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

See less See more
#3 ·
I have 5000K both low and fog lights and the look is great, but, other drivers are flashing me every day! Oh well, they can get one too!!

Reactions: hotrodcalvert
#7 ·
Xenon Depot is one of the big ones alot of the guys on here use, there are a few other cheaper brands out there, but I'd avoid the ebay ones if possible, quality of the product isnt very good.

#8 ·
Looking good! Love mine also bought from xenon depot you'll be happy

#10 ·
I'm actually replacing mine because a radiator hose busted and got everything drenched and I just want a fresh start plus fogs aren't working right so couple of questions.
1)Link?
2)Phillips one or no?
3)How did you do it?

#12 ·
Alright thanks! Which one should I buy and if I gave you a starbucks card maybe you and chad could come over and help me out and have a small little meet and greet?

#14 ·
Alright I'll go with the volt then and my mom buys a bunch for her work for like handouts when traveling and she gets point for that and that translates into free starbucks I literally have like 5-10 free starbucks coupons and sounds good I will pm you guys both this week for a date when I get the kits in

#16 ·
Alright thanks bro

Reactions: hotrodcalvert
#17 ·
Has anyone done fogs without relay harness? I wouldnt think you'd need it ... Just wondering cuz I got an effed up my hand and can't run wires so I wanna just plug and play em in, has anyone tried ?

#20 ·
sounds good bruddah, you have to run them in bixenon kits tho right?

#21 ·
I just bought a H10 kit for my fogs and the plugs are different than the original harness .... The original bulbs say H10 so I'm sure I ordered the right kit. I found that I could use spare wire to connect the 2 incorrect plugs and the fogs with the hids connected turn on an off just fine by using the pull knob in the cab. Anyone else run into this? I really don't want to just splice these connectors together...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#22 ·
I would return it and get the right ones

#23 ·
Which ones are the right ones if I ordered H10s and they don't match?

#24 ·
9145 is for the fogs
9006 is for the low beams

#25 ·
Aren't H10/9145 the same bulb and harness? Pretty sure they were

#26 ·
Usually when you get an HID kit you'll have the HID bulb with 2 wire pairs held together with a rubber grommet. 2 of the wires are for the actual HID light bulb and have the Amp connectors on the ends. The other wire pair will have two connectors, one on each end. Normally one end will be a 9006 connector that connects into the ballast, the other end plugs into the OEM wire harness. In this case it should have an H10/9145 connector. Sometimes that adapter is needed as most HID kits use 9006 and Amp connectors.

In some cases, like the low beams already being 9006 the OEM harness can plug directly into the ballast (or relay harness depending on your install preference) Most HID kits are all plug and play.

I'll see what pictures I can find to help explain this if you need extra help.

Reactions: drastik211
#27 · (Edited)
Here is a pic from one of my installs:

Plug 1: OEM Wiring Harness
Plug 2-3: Is an adapter harness normally connected to the HID bulb by the rubber grommet.
Plug 4-5: Is a relay harness to switch power from the battery instead of through the factory wiring harness
Plug 6: HID Ballast input
Plug 7: HID Ballast output to HID light bulb

Examples: (Assuming the HID kit is using a 9006 plug at points 4,5,6. Which they normally do)

For the low beams using a 9006 factory style bulb and connector. You could plug 1 into 6 and get power to the HID system. This draws power from the factory wiring harness. I don't recommend this.

For the low beams using a 9006 factory style bulb and connector. You could plug 1 into 4 and 5 into 6 and get power to the HID system. This draws power from the battery using the relay harness. Note, the two ring terminals of the relay need to be connected to + and - respectively to work.

For a foglight setup, it'll connect similar as the above examples. You may need something to connect the factory harness at point 1 into point 4 or 6 (depending if you use a relay harness or not) Most kits supply that harness from point 2-3 attached to the HID bulb in the kit. Otherwise, using a relay harness you can cut plug 1 off and plug 4 off and hardwire.

Good luck! HIDs are usually a very simple install.

Reactions: drastik211
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.