Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

BT Catch Can on a 2013

13K views 63 replies 20 participants last post by  peter2772000 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there installed a Billet Technologies Catch Can on their 2013 SRT8? The coil over covers are extended on mine and there is no room to install the can in its normal location.

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

#2 ·
At some point they changed the cover for aesthetics to cover the wire bundle. With that change the BT supplied kit doesn't work. It needs more spacers and a longer bolt.

#7 ·
You can find similar spaces at the hardware store that come with the BT kit. Else, buy a length of pipe and cut it to the size needed for a "longer washer".

#9 ·
So, trying to install and there's not really anyway of making the look good or functional without a whole new arm design. Even with a longer bolt and spacer, there's no room underneath as its hitting a cooling hose, for a person to be able to drain the catch can. I think we need a new arm designed up. I'll try to draw one up soon.

#10 ·
Contact BT and voice the concern for a revised arm. They have a different arm for the 5.7L which would work on the SRT8 I would think.

#13 ·
Yeah it is im pretty sure. It looks to me like on yours its a little higher than mine. Am i using the wrong hole? If i put my catch can on the only hole down there, a 5/16" hole, my catch can will pretty much rest on that cooling hose. Is yours a 2012 pkane3? I wish i had mine, its the wifes and i never see it, only at nights, she always works until 7.

#17 ·
I know this a older post but seeing as some others have bumped it. I ordered a new BT catch can from Speedlogix for the 392 in my Super Bee & I needed to pop a push in fastener that was holding some wires out of the correct bolt hole in the head, per the instructions they included with the BT can. You can see the wires wrapped in black & silver in this pic.

Attachments

#15 ·
I just made a deal with Nick and im testing a different mount for the 2013's... I'll let everyone know how it goes when i get the can...

#16 ·
My can is in the mail. Will check out the mounting and take some pics.

#19 ·
im having problems with mine too, i just got one from speedlogix, i emailed Shawn from speedlogix and he says hes never heard of any issues, yet it seems as if its a known issue. i cut the coil pack cover thinking it will solve the problem. i installed the z bracket, but now the catch can wont fit

#20 ·
The mount im getting mounts in a different location.... As soon as i get it ill let everyone know how it works...

#22 ·
Yea I did. The bolt supplied is relatively small. Still used the spacer and washer when I installed the bracket

#24 ·
What size bolt and how many washers did you use?

#25 ·
It took 12 washers lol I think the bolt was 4" long if I remember right. I just took the original bolt to get the threads right and also the spacers to look for the right length. You can actually go a little longer by accident as the threads go all the way thru and dont end

#27 ·
Not sure how the BT one mounts, but I used a thread extension to clear the extended covers when mounting my Moroso catchcan...

View attachment 27001 View attachment 27002
Definitely the best solution I've heard so far. Hopefully my local hardware store has it.

Do you think 2 inches is enough? How big is yours? (that's what she said)

#28 · (Edited)
Yep - 2" would be perfect - Mine's just under ( 'Credit card' shown for comparo). Is different mounting point to yours, but the clearance change is the same (if you know what I mean). As my mount is up front & centre, I just used a chromed allen bolt to look pretty, and spent plenty of time giving the shaft a vigorous polish (She DID say that.. :p)

Auto part Automotive exhaust Suspension Vehicle Suspension part
Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Wire
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive exhaust Fuel line
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive tire Fuel line

Good luck! Oh - Looks like I didn't rotate the pix sorry.. but you get the idea ;)

#29 · (Edited)
Yep - 2" would be perfect - Mine's just under ( 'Credit card' shown for comparo). Is different mounting point to yours, but the clearance change is the same (if you know what I mean). As my mount is up front & centre, I just used a chromed allen bolt to look pretty, and spent plenty of time giving the shaft a vigorous polish (She DID say that.. :p)
Great result Deano!

Any problem if I send my Jeep down to you, to deck out with all the goodies that you've got on yours? Would save me a bit of work. :D

Might give the vigorous polish a bit of a miss though. :p

PS: First post after joining 5 years ago. Is that a record. ;)

#31 ·
I installed Diablosport catch can yesterday, had the same problem. I couldn't bother going to buy washers and a longer bolt so I decided to cut the cover. It was a bit of mess around, not perfect, but finally it turned out ok, not too bad after all! Lol

#32 ·
Hmmmm, another good idea. I already cut the cover, might as well cut it more and get the can installed already

#33 ·
How do you like that Hennessey intake?

#35 ·
Is it really that big of a deal? I understand that there are prime conditions, and cold air is essential for a cold air intake to operate properly, but I really don't think they would have engineered this intake without engine heat in mind.

It's the best looking intake out right now, but this heat issue is the only reason why I'm hesitant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.