Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

High mileage 12 for $48,355

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Dguth 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It's possible, I racked up the miles on mine pretty quickly.

#6 ·
Saw that earlier, here is a video of the dealership beating up the truck...lol I definitely would not be buying that rig. Not that it's really beating it up but should they even be goofing around with it? No.

Srt8 Jeep fun - YouTube
At 30k miles already some dealer joyriding isn't a big deal to me. It's already used and a few more launches aren't gonna hurt it. When I bought my 07 used the salesman encouraged me to push it hard on the test drive. I don't find this much different than someone test driving it and fooling around.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
I am thinking he made about 60,000 1/4 mile runs. LOL

#8 ·
I've put mine through hell already and it's holding up like a champ. Got 21k on mine, I'd say at least 10k is solid long highway trips across country. I've already burned all 4 of my tires down to the wear bars even with tire rotations. I drive my SRT8 like its meant to be driven :D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: a-kon
#14 ·
that isn't even close to abusing a car. now if they were posting a mongoose video of donuts or some of the other crazy guys on this board racing landrovers or vettes that would be a different story.

Reactions: Mongoose9400
#16 · (Edited)
I do have to say, once the 13'3 and 14's are out there with the higher price, I think the 12's will hold steady at the 44 to 48 range. JMOHO..

Still a loss greater than the WK1, but what is to expect with Obama in office:D

Or you could buy a X5M or 63amg and lose 25 g's when you roll out of the parking lot. Or lose 10'gs with a WK2. It is still a better deal.

#19 ·
Agreed, but these things are expected to be driven hard so as long as maintenance schedules are followed mileage isnt really a concern.

#21 ·
Yeah - probably had flood damage from Sandy but just not showing up on title. There's about 80,000 totaled salvage cars from Sandy in New York alone where some may show up on other parts of the country on Ebay, etc. Be very careful if the price looks too low. There are regulations in place to try to detect these but there's always loopholes people find and the unknowing consumer wouldn't know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.