Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Charger SRT8 vs. 300c SRT8

18K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Tha Shu 
#1 ·
Which is better, Charger SRT8 vs. 300c SRT8? What are the driving dynamics of each and what are the differences. It seems that they are about the same price so it really comes down to which is "better". Styling is obviously subjective.

#4 ·
Both cars are the SAME. they share everything the few differences i noticed are really minor, the exhaust notes the CSRT8 is a bit louder.
The 300SRT might have a bit more options as far as Gadgets go but nothing major.
Driving impressions are identical since they are about the same weight using the same exact suspension.

#5 ·
they are identical cars minus the styling, so that the only thing you can decide on, powertrain and drivetrain are identical, interior wise is same, charger has bit more room as its slightly longer i believe, modifications are identical, same costs and same set-up, literally only diff you get is exterior looks, interior wise the dash maybe, just have a look on ebay or cars.com and thats it, you literally have to know you like sporty performance, or the luxury "fake bentley" look with some power to match, id go 300 only cause i think it looks sexy, but the decision is yours man, no one here can help, lol thats why i dont get these threads sometimes, nothing to say can pursuade you, only you know haha ;)

#8 ·
As said before, the only difference is in appearance. If you want sporty, Charger. If you're looking at a little luxury, 300.

#9 ·
totally agree with Medic

Not in a million years would i get the charger over the 300...

With identical chassis comes identical wheel bases and ground clearances obviously but the 300 is a little more stout IMO do to the shorter length.... its only about a 3" (just looked that up) difference but for some reason the charger appears to be so much longer...

Hard to find a better vehicle that has a sick combination of class and in your face filthiness than the 300 srt8 ha.... it just has that style like its taking over the road.. the charger seems to be trying to hard for some reason

Performance is a wash... exterior goes to the 300 and the interior is insanely similar........................

If you look at both interiors quickly you can even tell the difference

#10 · (Edited)
As with the others-it comes down to your preferences...do you want in your face sport/muscle look or a refinedand classy look with some giddy......IMO-I'd do the Charger because I think they look aggressive and bad azz.....Prime example: Chases' charger-before or after the changes he has made-his is purely a show stopper.

#11 ·
Like I posted in another thread, at the SRT experience in Daytona I felt the 300s and Magnums drove better than the Chargers. Both on the road course and drag competition. The 300 felt like it had less body roll in the corners and I could confidently carry more speed into them. But also like I mentioned, the Chargers they brought could have been beat up.

#14 ·
Good feedback guys...very appreciated. Interesting that boychicks thought the 300 might have less body roll than the charger...but maybe the charger was beat up?

#15 ·
I think the simple answer is what car do you like best? I mean you obviously aren't going to buy a car without driving it first, just drive both the 300c SRT8 and the Charger SRT8 and see which one you like the best. 9 times out of 10 they are going to perform relatively close to one another, so it's going to come down to what car looks better to you.

I'm not trying to be mean with this statement, but why would you ask people on a forum who don't know anything about your likes and dislikes in cars as to what car YOU will like better? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

#19 ·
I have 2 SRTs...a new Jeep and a new Viper. So to me, they both are compromises compared to those. I'm only thinking of getting one of those because the prices are so good. Most of the idiots at the dealer don't let you test drive SRTs...at least around here.

#17 ·
check the rear gearing...

#18 ·
I had an '06 300 & my buddy bought the Charger. Now at least in that year, the 300 had a bit softer ride than the Charger & was a bit quieter as far as the exhaust note went. Can't comment on the new ones though. I don't think there was any difference in the performance. I think I'd go along with the rest of the guys that it's a personal preference as to what look you really like. I preferred the 300 for 3 reasons, styling, lease deal was better & most people didn't know what was lurking under the hood. Probably safe to say you'd be happy with either one.

#23 ·
Before my lexus i looked at the 300 and the Charger. Dodge wouldnt let me drive Chrysler did. I was very impressed with the power but the thing i was most impressed with was the transmission. At the time, June 07, the 300 was big time discounted and the Charger wasnt. Looks being subjective i like the muscle look of the charger. The only "luxury" thing i liked better about the 300 was the HID, but now charger may have HID i dont know.

Two other things to think about.
Charger has sports car colors: Red, Black, Silver, Yellow, Blue, ect
300 has luxury car colors with metallic paint: Like sparkly silver, blue, red ect.

Also, i think the charger will eventually have better resale. The 300 didnt sell well new because most people shopping for them were either looking for a ride they could customize with stereos and wheels OR were older and just wanted a nice, classy, american cruiser. Most didnt care about performance so the SRT didnt sell as well as the 300c and v6 i dont think. With the charger people know what they want, a muscle car, and i think at the end of the day the charger will come out on top in the resale department. But thats all speculation.

#24 ·
Yeah I definately agree with you on the resale value. Even now if you look at a 2006 300c SRT8 and 2006 Charger SRT8 with the same options and mileage, the 300c is on average $1,000 or so cheaper than the Charger. Don't get me wrong there are places out there that have them for right around the same prices, but on average that is what I have noticed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.