Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Man I'm glad you got it figured.All I did was look at it while it was under the carport when I went to work.Until I figure out a way to keep water out of the Venom hood vents,it will stay parked in the rain =(.Catch can looks good,but why not on the driver side of the head/block?

#3 ·
I feed mine today..gased it up for the week.

#7 · (Edited)
Used a full thank of gas looking for Kills till i found a Camaro SS and beat the hell out him . Now she sits on empty .

#11 ·
Well my friend let me use his Gtech SS & I did a few runs with him as he had to show me how to use it & hes 245lbs. & I had just filled my gas a few hours before heading to his house.not sure how acurate these things are but best I could click off was 0-60 3.74 sec.& a 1/4 mile showed a 12.24 I never heard much of this tool on this forum,cool little device.He let me use it for how ever long I need it.so yea,thats what I did to my jeep today..aka: beat on it! :)

#12 ·
I washed mine today, after getting rained out at the track Friday, it was all covered in refinery soot from the drive home past a bunch of gas & oil plants in the rain.

#14 ·
gave the beast a good wash and wax. sooooo smooth.

#15 ·
Changed my front diff, rear diff, and tc fluids. Emptied and cleaned the catch can. Cleaned and reoiled my air filter. Quick detail of the engine bay. Washed the rig, polised the borla tips, and took it to my favorite spot and snapped some pictures. I think I spent more time with the jeep then I did with Stacy!!! :eek: LOL

Reactions: JeepSRT8Iceland
#17 ·
Today I bought mine a new 'bumpstick' so we can go beating on some more victims!

#18 ·
Scared the hell out of an old lady in traffic when I pulled up next to her at a red light and then floored it when it turned green with my cutouts full open.

#19 ·
Don't have cutouts, but still loud enough to scare a beagle puppy that was walking with a young girl. It jumped in the air :D

Only other thing I did today was wipe brake dust off the rims. That's a daily ritual though.

#22 · (Edited)
Today, I was soooooo frustrated because I found out that I need new rotor front and rear with new pads all around. After the initial shock... I kinda got excited because I can now jump on the brake system of the vehicle. so here is what I decided to do after speaking to R1 Concepts.

1. Front and Rear R1 concepts premium drilled/slotted rotors
2. Front and Rear Posi-Quiet Ceramic brake Pads
Will Place the order asap. pics coming soon...

Aside from that I went to Auto Zone trying to find the BEST wheel cleaner... and delightfully enjoyed telling the salesman that " yeah that my black srt8 out there, I need some wheel cleaner " (after he asked me what I drive)

This post has been deleted
#24 ·
I painted my CAI intake Semi-gloss black, installed a new BT coolant resevoir cap, got braided hose line for my vacuum line, and installed a new toon by Johan. Next week will be painting the coolant resevoir black (leaving a window to read), and then I'll snap some pics!!! :)

#25 ·
SRTLVR what type of paint did you use to paint the CAI. I will be getting one real soon and I think it might be slightly scratched... thus I would like to paint CAI up before the install.

#30 ·
What did you run Ant ?