Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Me vs Top Dog TBSS at STS race possibly

14K views 98 replies 46 participants last post by  jps043 
#1 ·
Some of you may have heard of Martin who has a 9.0 TBSS. It's a pretty sick build. I invited him to come run at the Southern Truck Shootout in a few weeks. First TBSS possibly in the 8's vs me on the bottle shooting for 8's also. He's got a huge weight advantage but I've got the HP advantage. Should be cool if he can make it. Says he's gonna try and make it and I kinda believe him. Would be cool to see him vs. me and we both hit 8's. You never know...... stranger things have happened.

AND THIS IS NOT TO TURN INTO A TBSS BASHING THREAD!!!

I've been lurking over there for a few weeks. Their times are right there with us with I think Eric having the edge in Stroker. I'm still dying for a GCSRT vs. TBSS event. That would be cool as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#37 ·
where is this event going to be?

#39 ·
That's what I told him. He wasn't too happy about that lol. Can't help that he has a few extra pounds on me :)

Chris

#46 ·
Good luck Harrison. I'm pullin for you! Traded my 06 TBSS in on my Bee, it was a great car. No problems from the day I bought it. It did stay stock though! :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#51 ·
Maybe I will make my way down with my only car LOL. It is definitely in need of some stage6 loving :)

#52 ·
You know you wanna ditch that blower and put some twins on that snake!

#55 ·
I'll try to make it, already had plans for that day, but i would like to see that event..

#62 ·
Nope, your shit is in the storage bay on jack stands. That's why Tommy's is out.

#65 ·
DAMN IT!!!!!! I was really wanting to ride over and watch.....im headed that way but have to be in jacksonville by 1:30pm....Grrr

#72 ·
Actually, I should have clarified... I meant the n/a record. No spray yet, but it wouldn't get in the 8's on a 200-300 shot anyway! Lol! Looking forward to seeing you boys!

#73 ·
Welp... just got back to Joe's for the night and it's not looking good for making this race in light of the fact that I have a fairly twisted passenger side axle. Well, that and it's 2 am. Looks like I'm. gonna stay local and run the last drag race in Orlando. Sucks but Ga is still a 4 hour ride from here. Next time!

#74 ·
who has the best 60' times around here? Retro King's looks like one of the lowest I've seen.

#75 ·
I regularly run 1.36-1.37, but it only went 1.39 with shot old tires on the record pass. I believe I am still the 60' king. I just put new rubber on and will be testing some new suspension pieces instead of the old school suspension tricks I have been using. I am hoping to improve, especially since I just figured I was a little over 100lb light in the right rear. Well see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.