Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Me vs Top Dog TBSS at STS race possibly

14K views 98 replies 46 participants last post by  jps043 
#1 ·
Some of you may have heard of Martin who has a 9.0 TBSS. It's a pretty sick build. I invited him to come run at the Southern Truck Shootout in a few weeks. First TBSS possibly in the 8's vs me on the bottle shooting for 8's also. He's got a huge weight advantage but I've got the HP advantage. Should be cool if he can make it. Says he's gonna try and make it and I kinda believe him. Would be cool to see him vs. me and we both hit 8's. You never know...... stranger things have happened.

AND THIS IS NOT TO TURN INTO A TBSS BASHING THREAD!!!

I've been lurking over there for a few weeks. Their times are right there with us with I think Eric having the edge in Stroker. I'm still dying for a GCSRT vs. TBSS event. That would be cool as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#37 ·
where is this event going to be?

#39 ·
That's what I told him. He wasn't too happy about that lol. Can't help that he has a few extra pounds on me :)

Chris

#46 ·
Good luck Harrison. I'm pullin for you! Traded my 06 TBSS in on my Bee, it was a great car. No problems from the day I bought it. It did stay stock though! :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#51 ·
Maybe I will make my way down with my only car LOL. It is definitely in need of some stage6 loving :)

#52 ·
You know you wanna ditch that blower and put some twins on that snake!

#60 ·
Who black Jeep in the background?

Not mine...Mine has sticker on windsheild....
Tommy's and John's. Thankfully John's drives and we can pull it in and out of the shop. Tommy's we, errr um Dwight and Shrek have to push. :lol:

#55 ·
I'll try to make it, already had plans for that day, but i would like to see that event..

#62 ·
Nope, your shit is in the storage bay on jack stands. That's why Tommy's is out.

#65 ·
DAMN IT!!!!!! I was really wanting to ride over and watch.....im headed that way but have to be in jacksonville by 1:30pm....Grrr

#72 ·
Actually, I should have clarified... I meant the n/a record. No spray yet, but it wouldn't get in the 8's on a 200-300 shot anyway! Lol! Looking forward to seeing you boys!

#73 ·
Welp... just got back to Joe's for the night and it's not looking good for making this race in light of the fact that I have a fairly twisted passenger side axle. Well, that and it's 2 am. Looks like I'm. gonna stay local and run the last drag race in Orlando. Sucks but Ga is still a 4 hour ride from here. Next time!

#74 ·
who has the best 60' times around here? Retro King's looks like one of the lowest I've seen.

#75 ·
I regularly run 1.36-1.37, but it only went 1.39 with shot old tires on the record pass. I believe I am still the 60' king. I just put new rubber on and will be testing some new suspension pieces instead of the old school suspension tricks I have been using. I am hoping to improve, especially since I just figured I was a little over 100lb light in the right rear. Well see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.