Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Squeaky Brakes, owned only for 1 week

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jvs0302 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got my 2010 Inferno Red Jeep SRT8 last week with 30k miles on it and the brakes are squealing when I come to a stop. I took it for a car wash after about a day and a half of owning it, and after the wash the brakes started squealing... didn't hear any noise until after the wash, but it has been getting worse every day since then. Any ideas or should I take it in to the dealer? I checked the maintenance schedule for 30k miles and it only mentions: "Adjust parking brake on vehicles equipped with four-wheel disc brakes" along with other unrelated maintenance items. But from researching the vehicle history, the car as a whole has been maintained over its life.

#2 ·
Brembo brakes are just that darn noisy. However, your pads could need replacing too. Do you know how to check brake pads to see how much life is left on them?

There tons and tons of threads on this forum related to brake squeal, just go to the brake section and have a look. Hell, I replaced my rotors and pads that were almost new with ones that virtually were guaranteed not to squeal and they still do. $650 experiment......

#10 ·
My stock brakes were so noisy and squeaky it was actually embarrassing...especially when there were hotties around.

Since changing to R1 rotors and StopTech pads at all four corners, I haven't heard a peep out of 'em. :cool:
^^^^^ what he said!

I couldn't STAND my brembo's. Had them on for a couple weeks after buying my Jeep and after viewing a couple threads on this forum I quickly forked out the money for a set of R1 drilled/slotted rotors and StopTech pads and haven't heard a squeak yet!
^^^ these guys speak the truth! I picked up my new to me Jeep with under 10K miles on the stock rotors and pads and they squealed all day long. Upgraded to R1 rotors and StopTechs and there is zero noise.

#4 ·
^^^^^ what he said!

I couldn't STAND my brembo's. Had them on for a couple weeks after buying my Jeep and after viewing a couple threads on this forum I quickly forked out the money for a set of R1 drilled/slotted rotors and StopTech pads and haven't heard a squeak yet!

#5 ·
Brake harder.

Reactions: J&D's SRT's
#9 ·
Well thanks for your feedback guys... I'm not a handyman when it comes to projects on cars, so I'd have to take it in and maybe see if I could get them to install the DRT slotted and drilled rotors with pads. I agree, it really doesn't work well when there are hotties around :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.