Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

ChiTown SRT8 Drag Championship.....

17K views 187 replies 19 participants last post by  SYCK SRT 
#1 ·
This SATURDAY.....@ whichever friggen track is open.
The only posted schedule I see is BYRON all TEST n TUNE.
Weather looks cold n doable. Byron is the best HOOKING track
in Midwest...... I'm already getting the baby sitter scheduled.
Since they close at 6, lets all plan to chow down after, back in the
hood? hooters, twisted titty, ect. Maybe those of you who can't
make the track can meet after for some bench racing!

I know I won't have to twist VIC's arm....he wants a rematch so bad,
he'll probably pay my entry :---O

Vic, got news for ya....I'm gonna run a new CHITOWN PB....

If I get my new areodynamic streamlined DC S/C badges before,
It'll be a gimme.

Brian....better call wipple boys up....

See less See more
#52 · (Edited)
He'll yeah , I can already imagine all that power on the streets of Chitown hehe

Reactions: Knuckles
#65 ·
Navil sporting her new 2008 stocker that ran 13.1@100
She sells Att phones at the Golf/Algonquin store, if anyone needs.
She'll give you the SRT8 discount! Her new hubby's Camaro RS twin turbo,
Went 11.2's till he blew the rear end.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person
#70 ·
Hey everyone! This would be my camaro and my wife's Jeep. It was nice getting to meet some of you up at the track. I look forward to diving into this beast and seeing its real potential soon. I was really impressed with her runs and also all of yours as well.

#67 ·
Same time at Byron 11.6 but dropped 3 mph.. Weird how I could still do 11.6
The stock trans is garbage for sure, Knuckles showed me on computer and
he could hear the soft shift bs. Good news is she gave me a great new PB
to end the year with after Skippy took my wallet lol, and didn't leave like road kill.

#68 ·
Get together all good, time to plan. I say a friday night. That way you can talk your
bs all night Vic and I won't be late for work Sat. SkippyDo's coming in town end
of Nov. or early Dec to celebrate his Bday. Lets make sure he's sorry he left chi town.

#71 ·
Hi Jeremy, like the plate.
That sleeper is smooth. Navil's right at home
running down the 1/4...she's a natural. Won't take much to blast
that 13.1 stocker into 12's. CAI, TUNE and Mopar TCM(to raise
shift points to 6400). Welcome to the AWD world buddy.
You guys have steak n lobster tonight, after I bought three I5's from Navil today!

#72 ·
Hey Scott, yeah we plan on seeing 12's very soon for sure. Your purchases are contributing to the "navil go fast" fund.

I'm leaning Toward a twin Turbo setup for her. I will be upgrading my current turbos so I might throw them on the Jeep. But we will see.

And my rear end is gonna be fixed Next week. Only a couple spider gears shattered. Nothing major. Look forward to seeing you at the track More. Will be fun ;-)

#73 · (Edited)
still planning on hitting the track this year?
Turbo's is a tricky deal with these jeeps and there's on a couple
guys here successful doing them. You'll get to see one of the most
amazing setups in the country as the infamous JOHN S. is moving here
in december... He's at ATCO this weekend and might break into 9's.
Otherwise he'll surely do it at GLD or Byron next season.
My advice is to enjoy the jeep for another year without major mods.
That's ur family cruiser too. Do some small stuff and get into 12's.
You'll feel the difference and when you get tired of it you can always
go nuts. You've got a 10.5 monster once you put the AUTO in....:)

#74 ·
The parts for my rear end should be here early next week, so there is a chance i might be able to make it out one more time weather permitting.

I have noticed doing my searches that turbos are a PITA with these, so i might follow in your steps and looking into a procharger unit. Seems to work pretty well for you haha. But you are right this is down the road. I am saving up to grab the predator tuner and intake first. Seeing as how she ran a 13.12, once i play with the timing and fuel trims a little that should be no problem hitting that initial 12. Plus she weighs half what we do so she has that advantage already. But it is her baby so whatever she wants to do, she will get. I think for now she wants to focus on cleaning up the car and get it looking more her own before we make it much faster. But i anticipate learning a lot from you and the chicago crew, so i am glad i finally was able to meet you.

#75 ·
This procharger set up is the simplest install and smoothest as can be. I was
prepared for performance headaches and haven't had any issues in over 50hrs.
on the time log display. No problem install, 2 guys 8 hrs. Mine took 10 because
of the Fluidyne raidiator mod. Which is worth it also.
If the 2012 came with this supercharger I'd have no problem buying one at 60-70K
and junking HEMI TME. Even with the boring duel tips. But the new ones can't even
break 13's.

#76 ·
thats good to hear. Seeing as this is a daily driver, i like the sound of how well its going for you so far. I know how difficult Turbos can be for any N/A car. And i dont want navil to be without a car. So i think next year we will be looking into a kit.

and i will say the new ones look ok, but i still prefer the boxier styling of the wk1. Seems more aggressive in my opinion. So i say keep her. ;-)

You making it out to the track anymore or are you waiting for a new tranny?

#77 ·
I doubt Scott will make it out to the track anytime soon bro..... He definitely needs a tranny for sure though as I heard it and saw what his logs look like.... Hey I see you found a few videos I posted up of your sleeper there up on YouTube;) You have a sick ride ride there bro!

#78 ·
sorry for the delay i have been crazy busy with work and maintaining my website

but i sure did find them. I posted the same videos just from different angles. Yours was a much better shot though, so thanks for putting em up there and the compliments too. Got the car back on the road and got some nice plans for her this winter.

#79 ·
Cool no worries brother! Glad you got your car back up and running! Hey just curious when you ran below 11.5 @ GLD did they say anything about you not having a cage in your car or do you have a cage?

Thanks!

#80 ·
Nope. No mention of it. From what I have heard, you don't need a cage until 10.49 if you haven't modified the chassis all. That's according the NHRA Rules which is what they follow there.

#82 ·
no problem... my goals for next year are to get scolded for not having a cage :) so we will see

#84 ·
well good luck my friend. I look forward to seeing you out there next year.

#86 ·
Hey fellow chicagoians... the wife has made the decision she wants to go faster next year. First couple steps we are taking is the predator and exhaust. My question is where you guys find the best deal on the predators. I have found em for $290 Online so curious on what you guys found. Thanks !

#87 ·
Buy a used un-married one in the For sale section for like $250

#89 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. I guess I can hint that yes I will be needing a wideband for near future purposes. So I might have to look into the Trinity route more if that's the case. I am more familiar with HP tuner so not sure how the predator and everything else compare to that.

#90 ·
Predator is discontinued. InTune is the new Predator. Trinity allows datalogging and will monitor 2 analog inputs for your tuner of choice.

#91 ·
Ah thought the predator did that too. Good to know, thanks. I did know the predator was done for so I though the difference was size and screen. Didn't mind the older style but with those features its worth the extra dough

#92 ·
I would just get the Trinity as that will have you money in the long run.... Lots of people buy a Predator, only to buy a Trinity a few months down the road and lose money on the Predator when selling it.

#94 ·
Perfect. Thanks guys. The wife made the request to be the fastest chick with a srt8. Haha so she wants a snail. Should be going on in the summer

#96 ·
GLD OPENING DAY IS MARCH 29!!!! LESS THAN 80 DAYS! not like anyone is counting!

Is it just me or does it feel like this winter is taking forever to pass?

#98 ·
The one that keeps the race tracks closed here :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.