Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Addco FRONT swaybars. Need opinion on effectiveness versus stock front bars.

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  HowIRoll 
#1 ·
Guys,

I have long since replaced my factory rear swaybars with the Addco replacements and have been VERY happy with their immediate effect on my handling.

I was wondering from those that replaced their factory front swaybars what if any were the improvements? The addco bars are marginally larger than the stock ones so I did not do these 2 years ago.

But having a road course event coming up, I am now thinking of doing these.

Thoughts?

#3 ·
I also have always been on the fence with this but have not done it

I have heard of fitment issues with the front that I don't know whether or not have been corrected or not.

Most will say its not worth it but I dont know if thats really from experience or not or just an opinion :rolleyes:

I will say my jeep as is handles very well

Bwoody links, JBA UCA, Eibachs, rear addco sway and vreds w/modified oem bump stops

#5 ·
I think for the size difference they aren't worth it and haven't done it. For the most part it is just an opinion because no manufacturer of parts ever tests their parts. They make them and let us be the guinea pigs. That's what sucks about being a limited build.

#6 ·
reviving a old thread :)

installed both front and rear, previously had the road magnet springs. Great improvement.

jacking up the rear from in front of the 4 link, on one side now lifts the front wheel a lot sooner then before , cant wait to throw it into some good corners.

#9 ·
I'm about to reinstall my front stock sway. To noisy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#13 · (Edited)
I had rear and front put on a few months ago along with Energy Suspension greaseable bushings. My shop welded on stops on the front sway to eliminate potential for any side-to-side shimmy. I'm also not lowered.

I did feel an improvement throwing her into the corners, as did a couple of others that have driven her before and after. No noise at all with the ES bushings - I just grease them with the rest of the suspension parts as necessary.

#14 ·
I didnt know they were finally putting out an updated model. Good to know.

#15 ·
I'm not sure whether or not it's an updated model. It's identified as the same Addco 2320/2321 setup as what I've read others have used.

I picked the sways up from the same ebay dealer most have mentioned in other threads, and the ES bushings separately from Summit.

I will say that the ES bushings definitely fit a lot better than the ones included originally supplied by Addco though.

#20 ·
I've heard they redesigned the rear bar but dont know about the front. I personally dont think I will ever install them but I know someone that did the rear and liked it and then the front and liked it more but was having the same side to side issue described so removed it and kept just the rear.

#21 ·
Do these bushing really fit? I have both front and rear. I've had them on since the very beginning (09) and like the way my rigs feels around corners. The noise up front is somewhat a pain in the arse so that's my reasoning for purchasing the bushing.

Roll Out!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.