Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New Guy in CT !

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  hombrerojo 
#1 ·
Hey Gang;

Just traded in my 315hp/5.6 ltr/Infiniti QX-56, for a Low Miles 2012 Jeep SRT8.
Trust me I don't know its official times, but that truck could excelerate like crazy, but handling...not so much! lol

I'll miss the Infiniti but it had 130,000 on it, I had it for 7 years, and I was ready for a change.

So... where to get a Family Practical, high quality "Mid-Size" SUV? I drove a half dozen competitors, but could not get the Jeep SRT8 out of my mind ! Even the Limited, or Overlands with the 5.7 did not compare. So I struck my best deal, and the Truck is being delivered tommorrow & I can't wait !

A couple of quick Questions...

1. Does anyone know of a reputable vendor for embroidered SRT8 Cargo & Floor Mats ?

2. I would be interested in links to conversations on alternate Rubber. I do about 15-20,000 mles a year and I might be willing to live with a trade off on "Stats" for "Comfort". If I fine the ride to harsh, after a few months.

3. Also FYI; I am having the Jeep Dealer who sold me the truck install a Hitch. They acted like I had never heard of such a thing ! They have ordered the part and will execute my request but I get the idea they have NEVER put a hitch on an SRT8 before. I hope they don't screw it up ! I expect that when hey are done it will be neatly hid behind the SRT8 Cosmetic Hitch cover (fasade), only to see the light of day when I so desire. If not I may have a bone to pick. I would be courious to know if any other forum members have a hitch on their SRT8, and would really appreciate Pictures.

Thanks for putting the site together and for contributing to it.

I'm sure it will help newbee's like me a great deal !

See less See more
#3 ·
1. Does anyone know of a reputable vendor for embroidered SRT8 Cargo & Floor Mats ?

Lloyd mats (ebay them)

2. I would be interested in links to conversations on alternate Rubber. I do about 15-20,000 mles a year and I might be willing to live with a trade off on "Stats" for "Comfort". If I fine the ride to harsh, after a few months.
(weather tech)

#11 ·
Nice! I actually looked at your SRT8 at Gengras so I know it is a nice ride! I never drove it though, but sure did stare at it for a long while :D

I just got one pretty similar to yours. Also in CT. Check out this thread on a meet and greet with SRT8 members from New England

Enjoy the new ride! I can't get enough of mine :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.