Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Who has the fastest time with just a S/C???

6K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Knuckles 
#1 ·
I have been wondering if we have any numbers from guys that just have a supercharger and no other major mods like headers,exhaust,cam, built transmission, ect. Just want to know what the best times are for supercharger modifications only?
Prochargers sound sweet, Magnuson's look amazing, and Vortech's have great reputations...but which one runs the best without any other major modifications?
I just ran my personal best with a Magnuson 6lb, MTCM, and Bwoody CAI...

1.646 60ft
4.842 330ft
7.559 @ 90.45 mph 1/8th mile
11.892 @ 113 mph 1/4 mile

Who else out there has some figures?

#4 ·
So many variables involved with this question however, there are guys that have maggies and vortechs that run super slow too, but then there are others that run super fast, as far as procharger guys go, not very many have made it to the track yet so there's no real world data to work off of until more guys hit the track. I've only seen one guy hit the track and that was 10GCSRT8, Brian, who ran 11.4s with his setup on $hitty tires to boot spinning through first gear, still had a pretty decent 60' time.

#6 ·
Well if I get my a$$ to the track I will tell you what a stock truck with only a SC will yield. Procharger D1 is all I have plus a Cat-back. Everything else Stock.

#7 ·
yeah!! lets roll out there! i really wanna see you run your rig! ha people out here are $hittin a brick seeing my jeep run... :D so i feel like they'd be doing backflips to see you run in the 11's!!

#9 ·
Really what I am looking for is a close as possible comparison for the superchargers out there. Magnuson, Vortech, Procharger, KB. It is not a real comparo if there are headers, cam, exhaust...because that doesn't make for a apples to apples comparo. I cannot wait to see what the prochargers are doing on the track. Stock with superchargers lets see those times!!!

#11 ·
Whats your altitude?

#13 ·
I ran an 11.64 1/4 at known uphill track and not so good DA and at another 1/8th mile track I ran a 7.26 this was on a 420 compound tire and no way to drive around the water box so I was spinning pretty bad off the line. I dont feel comfortable running drag radials until I get a built trans.

#14 ·
I ran 12.4 @ 104mph on my first and only try in Virginia last year. I had a Vortech and a Johan tune only still on factory run flats. Couldnt run again, i didnt have a helmet and i had shorts on, they didnt like that.

#16 ·
Answer to this question is TONYSRT8 11.17@118 , Vortech + Borla S .

#18 ·
Yes and yes :) , so doesn't count ? hehe

#19 ·
Counts in my book, haha. But I def consider a meth kit a MAJOR mod, especially if you tune for it. Its a 500-1,000 dollar mod depending on which kit you go with.

#20 ·
Get a Turbo and bang out low 11's all day. Hehehe!

#22 ·
Last week first time with jeep at drag ...11.85 @114 with a 1.7 60 foot. Spinning 15 feet through first on Toyo St2's . My jeep definately had more in it. It was the last pass of the day and the truck was running a bit hot and temps were in the 80's. On a good day with lower temps, cooler jeep and little lower pressure should be easy 11.6-7 . Cold day and traction 11.4 to 11.5. Only got a Vortech kit with stock pulley, cat back and stage 2 valve body and of course.....the magic tune from Johan. :D

#23 · (Edited)
My tranny is slipping bad top end, or i'd be right there in low 11's. probably
can boost up a bit to run a number but I ran 11.66 after install on saturday
at Byron dragway and backed up with 11.66 on sunday at GLD. with
110K on the ol beotch. More improtantly I no longer fear the average highway
challenge. She's fun to drive again. It's my 1st experience ever with a boosted
car and highly recommend after a year or two with your stocker!

Reactions: Knuckles
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.