Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Hennessey Front Lip/Side Skirt Replicas

25K views 47 replies 33 participants last post by  Btelander 
#1 ·
Guys how can we get someone to create some replica front lip and side skirts to match the ones on the new Hennessey? They look amazing and I think people here would pay for them.
What do you guys think?

See less See more
#6 ·
A lip is nice, but a front clip that can house a massive 3-core, now thats something would actually help push the untunable and heavy WK2s into the 9s.

#11 ·
That looks amazing ! I haven't been a fan of the wk2 until now ... Once I see one of these on the streets I'll be the first one in line ! haha

#15 ·
Well, the carbon fiber hood on my KR started out with a price of $18k or $19k and then came down to less than $10k a year later and I think they are now available from Shelby for KR owners for about $4k and replicas can be found for less than $1k. I would expect that at initial start up the price of the ground effects would be fairly high (depending on what they are made out of) to cover the development costs, but should come down over time as those costs are amortized and as competitors enter the market with similar options. I would be very interested in a set at a reasonable cost (reasonable has its own definition for each buyer, though).

#16 ·
Did u see they want $235k for that built new TT WK2. WTF!!! Pass me some of what they are smoking...

#19 ·
I am guessing that a real carbon spoiler would be less than $2k. We may offer one in fiberglass that could be painted and it would be far less expensive. We may have a prototype to show you guys in the near future.

FYI, our twin turbo systems include a complete MoTec engine management system and thus the high cost. Our HPE800 system comes with a warranty. More power is available but without warranty.

I'm traveling now but will sign back up as a sponsor next week. Thanks mods.

#26 ·
Wondering.....A) Where that sponsorship went?
B) MoTec systems made out of titanium and gold?
C) For $235k, does it come with a stock GT-R for when your WK2 breaks?
D) Does the non-warrantied WK2 come with a Flux Capacitor?
Thanks Mr. Spackler for clearing this up!

Reactions: Marylandm3
#22 · (Edited)
It's actually $235K. But whether it's $200K or $235K, it doesn't matter to the guy that can afford it.

In that price range, it's a whole differrent ball game.

A different color paint job alone can cost $10K, and potential buyers will not bat an eye.

The rich live on another world.

#23 ·
Wondering why something like this hasnt been produced yet. Really makes the WK2 look agressive like the WK1...Really its weird how there really havent been any mods for the WK2.

#27 ·
Already been made, looks bad ass! as for mods. Its a brand new vehicle. first year in production, its gonna take a while. Just like when the WK1 came out. How long did it take to get a hood option!? I'm sure by 2014 we'll have all kinds of stuff.

#29 ·
Speaking of Hennessey. With the refreshed 2014, I wonder if he'll be releasing a new 1/4 million dollar 12 second Jeep? I wonder if they actually produced any of his 2012 designs?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#32 · (Edited)
FTR i revived the thread to see if any companies have produced a splitter yet.
Dont want to get internet slapped by condoning hennessey. :)

#34 · (Edited)
I'm sure someone will develop one in time. I doubt you are going to want to pay for one from Hennessy as it will be really expensive due to the fact that it will be made from the horn of a unicorn!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.