Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Running lights

4K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  ChrisWK 
#1 ·
I was just curious as to how many of y'all run your fogs all the time with your lows? Maybe I'm just anal and a stickler about things, but I hardly run my fogs because I want to preserve them as much as possible. Do you run them all the time whenever your lights come on or do you do what I do and play it by situation?

#6 ·
I agree that it does look BA with them both running at the same time, that I'm definitely not arguing. I'm gonna start running them together from now on

#7 ·
I run them when needed and not otherwise. Technically in my state I think it is not legal to run them when not needed. But I'm not worried about burning out bulbs, I just don't see the point of running them and I don't think it looks BA to have them on.

#8 ·
The more lights the better....

#9 ·
Running lights and fogs on 100% of the time. Other drivers need to know that just because the SRT is sitting still, it can - and will - jump out into traffic and be up to speed in less than most people think it can :) Just one more thing that helps other drivers see you as well.

#10 ·
WK1: I had HID Lows and Fogs

Daytime - running lights and fogs 100% of the time. I liked the look. And it's also safe.

Nighttime - lows, fogs and running lights

WK2:

I leave it in auto 95% of the time, so daytime is the LED running light strips. When the auto turns the lights on when its dark its Hid lows, hid fogs, running lights, LED DRL strips, and the other LED running light in the headlight. 5 sets of bulbs lmao

Occasionly if it's cloudy I'll override the auto setting and run all the above lights minus the low beams.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#12 ·
^^this guy is weird. Lol. Jk. I've always had a thing for fog lights, but my ex-wife's dad used to hate it when I drove with them on. " you are gonna burn them out just when you need them ". I keep an extra set of bulbs with me because there is nothing worse than driving around with only one on.

#16 ·
You have to modify the turn signal bulb. There are two steel wires that come down the plastic piece of the bottom of the bulb. Cut one of them off completely. Done. No more running lights.

#17 ·
So did my 06 originally come with daylight running lights? Mine are not working if they did.

#18 ·
always on for me too.

Roll Out!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.