Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Sport Edition F10 with PlastiDip

6K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Tim H Calgary 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

In case any of our forum members wonder what Sport Edition F10s look like in black, I decided to experiment a bit with my winter set up before mounting them on my rig. I used about 1 can of PlastiDip per wheel, which I found at home depot for about $6 per can. I cleaned the wheels thoroughly prior to spraying them. The first coat was very light with the goal of having about 50% transparency. Once I did coats 2-4, I sprayed about 6-10 inches away. each coat took about 30min to dry. I laid down a tarp which definitely is a must otherwise you'll for sure get over spray on the the floor/ground. Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help any way possible. It's a very easy process and this comes from someone who is not very hands on with cars.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Your image links don't work FYI.

#5 ·
You fixed them, I think that combo looks great!

#10 ·
Looks good, I might have to do that when I switch back to my summer set next year.

#12 ·
looks good !! I'm debating between FP20x9 or this set up - you may have swayed my vote ;)

#13 ·
are you on stock suspension or is this rig dropped on springs ?

#19 ·
The wheel gap looks like stock but somehow the over all ride height looks lower - I assume the overall tire height is slghtly less than stock ?

I am lowered so Im hoping the wheel gap will be less.. about to place an order but I am told these with the DMv1's are "special order" :(

#21 ·
did you go with 255/55-18 ?

#22 ·
yes sir!! all around.

It's crazy how much more impact the tires absorb compared to OEM. And yeah, it makes sense, bigger sidewall. But the truck also feels more stable. Usually if I step on it, i feel the truck wants to veer to the left and I have to grip that steering wheel, but with these 18s, it doesn't do that. I assume its the added weight??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.