Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Shutter when traction control off and vibration at 90 mph

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DarknightSRT8 
#1 ·
Couple issues but not sure if related. Right at 90 I get pretty good vibration. Thought it could be tires out of balance but also, when I turn off traction control, slight shutter at low speed/rpm? Does transfer case shut off electronically past any speed? Shutter is there at all speeds when Traction control off.

Seal leaking on transfer case but I've seen that on all Jeep SRT8's. Also hear a slight sound of hum or whine when you accelerate which eventually goes away. Slight roughness or small vibration when the rear end hunkers down when u are at high speeds and get on it.

Any ideas before I bring to dealership?

Really appreciate any input, thanks much!

Tim

#4 ·
Yeah get that TC fixed up and fluid changed first. After I changed mine it was night and day different.

#8 ·
When you turn off the TC you will get some noise which is natural. It's the transfer case engaging the front end drive clutches. They all do it. What speeds are you talking about? What year is the truck and miles? My guess is get the drivetrain serviced if it's got some miles on it and you should be good to go.

#10 ·
Many Jeeps have the 70 mph approx.Vibration. I got rid of my run flats and serviced the drivetrain and now it is dramatically better. Almost gone. I know some guys have gone to great lengths to completely remedy it. Some successful, some not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.