Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Nitto Motivos 275/40, 315/35 Mounted Up!

22K views 98 replies 33 participants last post by  jethro146 
#1 · (Edited)
#53 ·
I just ordered me a set from my local Discount Tire as well...the reviews u guys have given them and the price made me jump on these...the fact that my runcraps separated yesterday evening also played a big part in me ordering them, I should b getting them on Thurs morning and ill come back after a few miles with my take on them

#58 ·
review......best tires i have ever owned on any vehicle. the stopping on snow in these are like the snow is not there, turn off traction control and be easy with the gas and these tires are amazing. i live across the street from the mall in fort collins and stopped by to put them test. and they passed, i have the 275/315 set up and feel very comfortable with them. switching lanes last year was a bit hairy when there was snow or slush in between them and today was no problem. anyone wanting all season tires, these are the ones you want.

#60 ·
Just got these installed today cause my crapyears separated and I have to say these are some smooth riding tires...u can tell the difference right away :bigthumb:, I also just had them balanced and mounted not Road Force balanced and these tires took away the Krazy vibe I had at 70mph and I was starting to get a slight vibe around the 40mph mark and these tires just made my ride silky smooth...with all the other reviews from other members in different weather conditions, these seem to b real good tires to get....we r supposed to get a couple inches of snow in next couple days in Chicago so I'll chime in with the review on that as well...

#61 ·
Also they look way more aggressive then the crapyears so u won't b disappointed about looks either....

#62 ·
Looking at signatures, it seems ok, but are Motivo 275/315 owners having any issues with their BWoody/Eibach springs and/or BWoody sway links all fitting nicely together?? Anything special to make it work? Considering a purchase and want to head off any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#68 ·
I haven't put them on the Jeep, but I just put 'em on my daily driver, which is a Maxima SE. So far, I love these tires. The UTQG rating is very high, which gives it an advantage over the Vreds or Invos.

#70 · (Edited)
My situation. My '07 with Goodyears with what looks to be @25% of the tread remaining; both front tires have seperated on the inside edge. There is the appearance of slight accelerated inside camber wear but actual tread wear normal for this type vehicle.

Honestly, I'm not happy. I'm a stickler for upkeep and maintenance as this is my wifes daily driver. After reading all the responses and posts about the Goodyears I had decided when the time came to replace them with the Motivo's. Just not as soon as I had hoped.

The reviews here and elsewhere has prompted me to buy a set from the vendor Discount tire and they had them to my house in three days at a great price with good communication. Now just waiting on the new rims and OE TPMS units before install.

Also for any performance guys here; runflat tire are much heavier in total wieght compared to the same size tire that is not funflat because of the extra / added layers of material to the casing to enable the runflat ability.

Thanks to all who have contributed here on this subject helping the rest of us make the right decision when replacing the aweful OE Goodyears

#72 ·
Mine separated as well but like u said from the many reviews and looks of tires I had to jump on them and haven't looked back, there great in any weather...

#73 ·
I guess you guys sold me on these when it comes time to get a replacement for the runflats...

#74 ·
Bro as smooth as these tires ride I wouldn't even wait another min., I ask myself why I waited 1 1/2 yrs to do a tire swap...anything is better than the Runcraps...but these tires look good and ride great

#75 ·
I still have over 5/16 thread left, and have a wife that would cut my balls off in my sleep if I just went and spent $1k on tires when mine are still good, that's what happens when you marry a puertorican woman lol, jk I'm not ready just yet I'd like to use my money on other things for the jeep first, and I also have the cobalt waiting for me to give it some attention and buy presents for it too, it's kinda hard to decide on which to get something for, it's like having 2 kids and don't want to disappoint either by getting something better for one, I like them both to be happy...yeah I have problems lol

#81 ·
I still have over 5/16 thread left, and have a wife that would cut my balls off in my sleep if I just went and spent $1k on tires when mine are still good
Knock the alignment out of whack and show her bad and dangerous the "old" tires are, lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#77 ·
Any harsh Ride experience anyone ? I mean with a treadwear at 560 aren't they a hard ride ?

Thanks

#78 ·
Any harsh Ride experience anyone ? I mean with a treadwear at 560 aren't they a hard ride ?

Thanks
I just changed from Nitto Invos about 2000 miles ago and cant tell any difference at all in quality of ride. I'm very impressed so far.

Reactions: m4xm1l10n
#80 ·
^^^I can't compare it to anything else but the Crapyears and these are way smoother in my opinion

#82 ·
For those of you with the 275/315 set-up, you guys are running stock wheels? any issues with cornering...I have a bad habit of braking at the last minute and pushing through a corner, so I'm kinda concerned about the tires nkt staying where they should and popping one...

#84 ·
Thanks, I'm more concerned about the bead not staying put cause too wide for the rim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.