Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Continental ExtremeContact DWS

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  srt8gofast 
#1 ·
Any of you guys run these tires in the 275/40 - 315/35 combo?

Thinking about getting them next spring. Wanted to hear opinions before I pulled the trigger for $1300 tires

#4 ·
LOL well he certainly didn't have an agenda... definately clueless. The Motivos have a 60,000 mile tread-life. Contis are generally garbage tires..they are soft and have mushy sidewalls and crappy steering response. Tend to be noisy. They probably have a nice ride and the DWS are pretty grippy in rain, and not bad in snow. They also are quite wide(the 315s) compared to other tires of that size and may look bulgy on a 10 inch rim. See my thread on the Motivos.

#19 ·
Only stock sizes out there are the GY Runcraps and the Nitto 420s. Many more options and brands at the larger sizes. I went with the larger sizes to get the rubber I wanted vs being constrained by availability.

I went with Nitto Motivos after lots of research and consideration.

Here's a thread on all my data for sizes and diameter differences front/back on each brand:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67528

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.