Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Anodized Red Engine Bay

15K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  tcccac 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#4 ·
I like it! Is the SRT on the bottom of the hood (pics 2 & 3) standard or did you add that?

#5 ·
I painted that myself back when I first got it. The SRT is embossed in the hood liner, I sealed and painted it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: R0ck39
#6 ·
Looks great Zac. I think if the engine bay was clean :)p) and if you painted the black parts gloss black, that engine bay would be perfect!

#8 ·
Haha, hard to keep it clean in the dusty weather lol. I've been holding off on washing the jeep for a few days since it just came out of the body shop for the bumper repairs. Wanted ample time to let everything cure. Thinking I may wash it today.

Yes, I've been thinking about painting other stuff, like the manifold. Not sure on it yet. I think a nice strut bar would look good if one is ever released.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#10 ·
Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#14 ·
#17 · (Edited)
Sweet as man. The valve (&battery) covers make all the difference, eh! To be honest ,I thought the billet stuff looked a little random before, but now it's brought together nicely. Congrats!

PS - LV, that SRT4 bay is CRAZY clean!! Looks surreal...

#18 ·
Thanks. I've had the plan of where I'm going from day one when I painted my hood liner red. Just doing the mods in stages.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#21 ·
The 2 fuse covers and engine half covers have been painted. The rest is BT parts, minus the bwoody CAI.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#23 ·
Eventually... Still waiting

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#26 ·
I'm meet the man himself, Ralph Gilles, at MoparPalooza a while back. I went up to him and asked him if he would sign my Jeep, I chose the intake to be signed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: Black-sleeper
#27 ·
A little update to my engine covers. I bought these SRT stickers off Tamara a while back and finally found a spot for them.

#29 ·
#30 ·
Some of the new parts which I ordered yesterday during the sale.

Billet Technology Water Neck - Anodized Red
I may not install this right away. Maybe I'll throw a 180 t-stat in at the same time.

Billet Technology Manifold Baffle Cover - Black
I went black with this cover because I think going red would have disrupted the symmetry of my engine appearance. I think the black will look good against the rest of the manifold and match the gloss black paint accents on my covers.

Billet Technology Strut Covers - Anodized Red
These are not listed for the Jeep, but I bought them on the chance that they may still work. If not, I got them cheap enough that if I need to sale them off I should break even.

I don't expect I'll see these parts anytime soon with the amount of orders BT probably received during the sale. I figure a month out at least.

#34 ·
The latest parts. The waterneck isn't installed yet.

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.