Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New Pictures Big Changes

69K views 308 replies 73 participants last post by  viperron 
#1 ·
Following 1268's lead removing the JEEP of the front and GC on the sides replacing it with 392 ,Tinting 2 front windows and the SRT on the grill.Tommorow.My local Custom exhaust shop is making a new Stainless Steel 3" from the catalytics going back there is a whole bunch of junk behind the cats I think there are 4 spring loaded exhaust valve gates and a hugh resonator and 2 mufflers at the end.I'm worried about drone so I'm looking for a medium sound.The shop is first class.I incuded the underbody someone requested pictures.Saturday I'm black matting out all the chrome and that monolithic chrome latch.That looks like a chrome boomarang and I bought Smoked Silver to do a Challenger Stripes down the middle (2) 8 3/4" w/a 1" gap in the middle.The wrapper matched the Smoked wheels.yes I'm freaking but if I don't like it peel it off!!!.I'm smoking matt the rear lense's and I think the wheels need to be powder coated matt black if the stripe fails But I think it may look better

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Holy shit I can't wait to see it when you are done with these changes!!! It's going to look incredible. Thanks for being a pioneer with the WK2 amd posting up! What about tinting the rear lights?

#17 ·
The tint shop did them But I have removed emblems before with a Blow dryer just heat them up and pull them off.I ordered the 392 Bagdes on Ebay man they are cheaper than the dealer
after I bought those I seen these

Check the Red Interior too!!

#13 ·
Looking great already! Love that you're already modding it and one of the first ones leading the way for the future owners.

Provide use some before/after sounds clips of the exhaust please.

#14 ·
I wish they had LED's for the rear.I will tint them for now.No dash lights on the exhaust change.Honestly I was surprised the amount of exhaust quieting features on this Jeep.
I don't think it will lose back pressure or slow it down .I think it's going to get some relief
.The new SRT8 doesnt roar at all it sounds like a lexus.I just want to unleash it.It has big balls

#21 ·
I was thinking this too, curious what will happen

#19 ·
So should we start a thread asking how you attached the SRT badge to the front grill?

#23 ·
well done sir! a pioneer indeed! cant wait to see some more pics, subscribed.

#29 · (Edited)
I added these pictures to show the spring valve gates.There are no electronics hooked up anywhere on the system.Even with the dealer statement I will pay careful attention
to what happens tommorow.

One of those valves is sticking out to the side

I'm going from the cats back

#33 ·
I added these pictures to show the spring valve gates.There are no electronics hooked up anywhere on the system.Even with the dealer statement I will pay careful attention
to what happens tommorow.

One of those valves is sticking out to the side

I'm going from the cats back
This was taken from a post by Blown7 a while ago and I'd be interested to see it there would be any detrimental repercussions from eliminating the exhaust valves and if a loss of back pressure would negatively affect performance.

Blown7 said:
6.4L ACTIVE EXHAUST VALVE

The Active Exhaust Valves (AEV) are located at the cold end of the exhaust pipe before the muffler, after the catalytic converters. The pressure created by the engine allows the valve to over come the spring tension and open for optimal engine performance. When the valve is closed. The back pressure created in the exhaust system assist in engine performance by:

Increasing the fuel economy due to the increased use of MDS
Increased use of the MDS from the AEV improvement
No loss of vehicle performance
Emissions remain the same.
The AEV is welded into the cold end of the exhaust pipe. If replacement of the valve is required. The exhaust pipe must be replaced. The AEV is non repairable.
Bernie

#30 ·
Subscribed for awesome exhaust sounds! :D

#31 ·
looks awesome KM. These are all things I am thinking about. Already have the tints and def ready for the de-badge.

the exhaust- I actually like the srt exhaust. it is a bit understated under notmal driving but is nice and meaty/ballsy under acceleration. Now- if an exhaust can be added that adds power (in conjunction with a tune) I would go there- but not just to change the sound...

#39 ·
Thanks for the pictures of the underbody (that was me). It looks so tight in there, no room for any sort of turbochargers or extra piping whatsoever :( Maybe in actuallity there is more room but not from those pics.

Glad someone is getting on the visual mods.

Does anyone here know ANYTHING about that rear end? It looks like an all aluminum housing frame-mounted IRS setupt. I hate to say it might wind up being a weak link with serious power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.