Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Zero to 60 mph times

116K views 548 replies 144 participants last post by  JeepFreak12 
#1 ·
I have been consistently getting 0-60 times in the 4.6 to 4.8 sec range when in sport mode, but when I used track mode and the paddle shifters to control the shift points, I was able to get a 4.4 sec mark. Has anyone else been using track or sport mode with the paddle shifters with similar results?

Attachments

See less See more
#142 · (Edited)
Well i just tied the best 0 to 60 at 4.2 temps finally cooling down. Did it in sport mode first thing in the morning engine temp was about 190 and i am pretty much at sea level. Took 2 tries first 4.5 then 4.2. I just left off brake and smashed gas no paddle shifting. I am thinking with a proper tune when available i should see 3.9 or better that's the goal ;) i currently have borla attak and hennessy cai. Will get headers and tune when i can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#149 ·
Very cool; has "sport-mode-auto" been faster than track-mode-auto or track-mode-manual_shift? Are you doing any compression braking prior to launch?
:cheers:

#146 ·
#152 ·
wow, very nice almost sub 4. did two pulls this am. first was a quarter mile at 13 flat 106 (my first ever attempt) and then a 0-60 at 4.3. No tune yet. catching up Zac!

Attachments

#153 · (Edited)
I don't think I'll break my 4.2 anytime soon being up in the mountains now. My exhaust did lower my 0-60 consistently by 0.2 seconds. Now, once I get a tune loaded and then a CMR I thinking I could hit a 4.0 or lower. That's if I was near sea level again and with the 30 degree weather. Currently my 0-60 has been around 5.7 in the mountains. When the weather was in the 100s I would see mid 6s. DA during times that like would be up at 8-10k feet IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#155 · (Edited)
My 4.2 was done all stock minus a bwoody intake and in track mode with paddle shifting. A slight brake torque can be applied, but no more than around 1000-1200 rpm. Paddle shift when you reach 5200-5000 rpm. Try to minimize excess weight in the Jeep, have the gas light on, or minimal gas in the tank. The Jeep needs time to break in also, best times will happen usually after about 2-3k miles. I've seen stuff saying that the PCM also doesn't allow full power (timing advance) until around 7-10k miles. Then just practice. Just go out and play around, that's what I did one day and got my 4.2. DA was great, so that helped a lot.

Here is a video from the day I was out playing around and practicing 0-60 runs. The end of this run I do a little doughnut

http://youtu.be/BqQVYASuUOQ

#156 ·
for me it was very simple...track mode and smash it. hey is anyone posting 0-60's after getting the tune? can't seem to find a board for it. just wondering what people are getting. put my order in today with Skip and plan on doing a custom tune locally but won't be able to get to it until after the holidays. hoping to smash my current 4.3.

#157 ·
There is really no specific stock, or non-stock 0-60 time threads. All the times are just mostly lumped into this thread for WK2s. The times will vary greatly from member to member for many reasons. I've had my times range from a best of 4.2 all the way to almost 7 seconds.

As for my mods and going from stock tune to a modified canned 91 octane tune, my 0-60 time improved 0.2-0.3 seconds consistently. I saw a peak gain of 0.4, maybe 0.5 seconds.

#161 ·
got the tune loaded on Saturday..and i want to give a big shout out to Zac for his helpful tips. was only able to run a couple of 0-60's this morning. the first pull was a 4.6 then a 4.4. not as fast as my pre tune 4.3. i did spin the tires on both pulls so that is an issue. had it in track and also a passenger and junk in the trunk. have not noticed any other issues with the 93 octane tune. i do notice it's a lot more fun to drive in manual mode and track and bouncing around between 2-3-4 gear. you can feel the extra power in this range. so far liking it.

Reactions: Mongoose9400
#165 ·
I wanna see someone break 4.2 on the WK2 EVIC!

Great times Ace!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#168 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.