Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Can I buy just a replacement fan shroud,or do I have to buy the whole assembly??

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Muellge 
#1 ·
My intercooler pipe blew off and destroyed my fan shroud a while back. Looking to replace it. Does the shroud come separate from the fan assembly? I had thought it was one unit till I saw someone selling just the shroud,but it's only one guy that has it.
Also I saw people selling complete assemblys that listed 06-08. What about 09? I definitely figured they would be the same. Then I had seen "resistor not included".
What's the easiest way for me to go? Fan is good,just the shroud is messed up. Part numbers or suggestions?

#2 · (Edited)
Jake - I don't see why you wouldn't be able to purchase the fan shroud separately. When I had my 426 installed, Brad replaced mine with a new one since my old shroud had a good size crack in it. Have you tried calling any of the local Jeep dealerships to see if you can buy one from them?

EDIT:

I stand corrected. It appears to be a complete assembly including motor, blade, & shroud. OEM part #s: 5143208AA, 5143209AA

#5 ·
Thanks for the input gentlemen. But,what is the deal with 2 part numbers? Did one supercede the other or what? Sorry for all the questions,I just want to get it right. You have to spell it out for the guys at the dealer.

#7 ·
Not sure Jake. Practically every search resulted in both #'s, and they look to fit multiple years/models as well. One random website actually had the OEM shroud listed as 5143209AA and the OEM fan as 5143208AA, which confused the hell out of me. Just print out the pic below, take it to your nearest parts dept, and say "I want one of these for my Jeep!" LOL

#8 ·
at the dealer i bought the fan and shroud separate. i needed the fan but was looking for the resistor that comes on the shroud and they didn't have a part number for it. one was 180 and the other was around 140. don't remember which was which though.

btw the resistor dos not come with either and i never got a part number.

#12 ·
focusing on the blades and whether or not there's a two fan solution or something. I think the stocker moves decent air. Strange that if you google the part number a two fan mitsubishi unit also pops up. probably just conincidence. Maybe on LX forums there was a thread about people buying a different fan blade to attach or replace the stock one with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.