Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
8K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  VD5505 
#1 ·
:mad:Holy Smokes,

I purchased a trinity three months ago new. It has worked great. This was a replacement for my predator. Today I got in the car and the trinity read

An Internal update has been installed that requires a reboot.
Please unplug your trinity briefly to cycle the power.

After unplugging and cylcing power at least ten times, it repeatedly reads the same thing. I have it connectedd to the computer now and it says the same thing over and over

Please Help:mad:

#5 ·
Have you ever connected it to the comp before? Custom tune? If so your original backup tune should be saved on your computer. If it is toast, they have ways of getting the back up in your vehicle and starting fresh. Post up on the DS forum. You'll get an answer within a couple hours usually

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#11 ·
yep this sucks major dog grapes! Just paid 600 bucks for this thing. should have stayed with the pred that I have used for years. Cant find receipt so it looks like I'll have to pay for the repair as well as a visit to the stealership to get the truck reset if there is no way to get my base tune back. I just got the dang thing and had not even reconnected to the computer to save my backup. Hell Ive been out of town for over a month.

#13 ·
It needs to go back to Diablo. My brand spankin' new one for my 300SRT did the same thing the very first time I plugged it in.:mad: Sorry about the bad luck homey.

#19 ·
Yup happened to mine one month after purchase
Talked to Mike and got an RMA number and sent it back
Took 2 weeks for mine and I'm in Canada
Descent service just a royal PITA
Where you trying to use an SD card???

#29 ·
Mine did it last night took it and pluged it to the pc and it still said the same. (1) unplugged it pluged back held the middle button and it cleared took it off installed it to the jeep it came out again (1) pluged it back on the pc held the middle button and worked then I did an update ( working good but for how long ?? )

#32 ·
You must have had the old style with the plug on the bottom. That happened to BuilderBills at our shop. That's why they changed the design to the plug in the back. Quite a few burned up. If that plug didn't go in perfectly, it would cause the fire.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.