Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

How often do you wash/wax

18K views 78 replies 54 participants last post by  SRT8LoveR 
#1 ·
So my wife got me this great gift after I got the jeep. Its 1 carwash per day for an entire year. Well, I guess i am working to get my money out of it becuase I cant seem to steer clear of the wash. I generally take it through the full service wash at least 3-4 times a week then end up putting a coat of wax on it each weekend. I guess my question is, can you wash or wax too much? I dont want to get a year down the road and have a faded truck.

#34 ·
I would hate to see the interior of the Jeep! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Indeed you would!!
.... It can easily be compared to a baseball dugout after the game! Lots of trash, spit, wrappers, crumbs, toys and perhaps some fresh (and aged) puke. Oh well.... It's all in a days work when mom chauffeurs around 3 kids. ;)

#36 ·
I hardly ever wash my Jeep anymore. Can u guys believe that?:eek: it's been washed 3 times since June 1st before MIR. I just had it waxed the other day for the first time since too. My times have changed.:lol:

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#40 ·
I have only washed my JEEP twice this year. Once when I pulled it out of Winter storage and just the other day, I got caught in rain and had to wash it. Otherwise, it is polished/waxed twice yearly. After EVERY use, I use a Calif. Car duster to get the dust off, then wipe it down with quick detailer and MF cloth before I park it in my enclosed garage. This has kept it looking brand new over the 3 years I have owned it.

#43 ·
not often enough. I did just get a nice detail, but they left some of the white residue in a few spots. I used the Turtle Wax Black box on the Jeep and was very pleased with the results. Really liked that it didn't leave a white residue on the trim, obviously. Pretty easy coming off. Enjoyed the product.

I did win Best SRT8 Powered vehicle at the Mopars at the Lake in our local Mopar club's annual meet. ;) Trophy and all so something worked.

#44 ·
I've got a monthly wash club card a Fullers for their ultimate wash and go there
at least 4 times weekly. When the paint washes off I'm gonna wrap in flat black.

#45 ·
I try to at least twice a week. I always check the weather.

Roll Out!!

#46 · (Edited)
I wash the 300 once / week and sometimes every other depending on how dirty it gets. It's silver, so a great color for DD. I typically spend my time with washing, spray detail, tires, interior...so it takes me forever. 4 vehichles and I'm the only one washing them is a constant chore. Seems like I'm always washing a car on the weekend...

The Jeep and Viper are parked in the garage and are always clean. They aren't daily driven, so I only wash them once or twice / month (if that).

The DD Acura 3.2 TL hasn't been washed all year and I don't think I've ever waxed it. It's a light blue / grey color and hides dirt well. It's supposed to rain today...so I'll count that as a wash...LOL! I can't stand a dirty vehicle either, but let it slide for the Ac.

#47 ·
Granted your wifes intention was in the right place but car washes will destroy your paint.

I ONR the Jeep about twice a week and apply sealant about once every 8-12 weeks.

I've never taken it though a car wash and beacuse of this my paint is still near perfect and i've never had to polish it.

#50 · (Edited)
wash once a month, spray detail once or twice a month, wax once or twice a year. clay / compound as needed.

this regimen seems to work well: people don't believe me when i tell them the rig is 6 years old.

#51 ·
Havent washed my Jeep for 4 months... oh thats right, its because my Jeep has been in the shop the whole time.

#52 ·
At least it getting fixed right this time. lol

Roll Out!!

#54 ·
i wash mine about once every 2 weeks. Twice a year i bust out the polisher for some paint correction. i spend about 10 hours doing this process. wash, claybar, 2x over with some compounds and polishes, wheels and tires, and finally 2 coats of sealant. When i am done the truck looks almost brand new and the rain beads for a good 6 months. Other than that, i usually use the ONR a couple times a month. Takes me about an hour. Black looks BAD when its clean !!!!!!!

#55 ·
Black DD is tough to keep clean. Wash once a week, spray detailer as needed, wax twice a year. I do run through a touchless wash, but if you get the minimum package thats usually enough to clean it without killing it with soap. I don't ever get the "full" package b/c it just sprays "wax" and crap everywhere.

#56 ·
2x a week wash 2x a month wax its not my dd but I still drive the piss out of it

#60 ·
At least once a week. I just bought a whole crap load of Adam's Polishes stuff. Can't wait to detail my new beast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.