Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Denver Area Wrenching Day/GTG

17K views 248 replies 20 participants last post by  5280SRT8 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to give everyone local a heads up that we will most likely be doing a wrenching day/ get together at Teekay's house here in the near future.

Right now it's tentatively looking like Feb 23rd but that is dependent on whether its warm.

Post up if you're interested and what you need done.

bxcharger(Akili)- tcase/diff/oil change
5280SRT8(Jason)- Coilovers/panhard bar installed, Tcase/diffs fluid change
Teekay1(Travis)- Tcase fluid change
LVSpeedemon(Jordan)- Tcase/diff fluid change
SRTravis(Travis)- Lowering springs install
SRT8Xcy- Tcase/diff fluid change
milehighsrt- tcase/diff fluid change
Yawara1096- tcase/diff fluid change
Speedking1121- sparkplugs/diff fluid change

#40 ·
I think everyone should if they have anything!!!! we should talk about food too....

#41 ·
Yeah that too, everyone pick an item from a list we can put together.

#42 ·
I might swing by just to meet you guys... My catch can & intake arrive this week, but I think I should be able to install those pretty quick in my garage one night

#43 ·
i love food, burgers and dogs? if 2 people grab packs of hotdog buns and dogs 2 people grab burger meat and buns and 2 people bring drinks? i think that should be plenty with 6 people going. also.....iv got

4 kmc 20 inch lo-fi 6 lug rims with discover tires
2 6x9 infinity kappa serious speakers and 2 round 5" kappa serious speakers
a nicer few year old single din head unit
2 front jeep srt8 wheels that have flaking but no curb rash on one and minor rash spot on the other
2 285 nitto 420s tires with about 50% tread left.

all for sale or up for trades if anyone is interested i can get you pics and model numbers just have to dig them out of storage.

#45 · (Edited)
Is yours all blacked out? Saw one on Monday around 1/2 in Broomfield.

#47 ·
lol noone made fun of urs wheels... and if anyone makes fun of ur wheels ur faster than them :p

#49 ·
LOL true... it should be a good turn out... grant was gonna come with his ws6 but he just traded it...

#53 ·
He got a c5 z06. He is gonna put an lsx motor and some fatass turbos

#55 ·
Lol he says it'll have 850hp and lighter than the t/a

#59 ·
Anybody have lowering springs / links they wanna sell me? =P Since we're installing stuff the day of, It would be a good opportunity to get some new mods.

#60 ·
Anybody have lowering springs / links they wanna sell me? =P Since we're installing stuff the day of, It would be a good opportunity to get some new mods.
I'll probably have my Eibachs for sale after I install my Coilovers. However, I plan on hanging on to them for a couple of weeks just to make sure I can deal with the ride. I'll keep you informed.

#64 ·
#66 ·
im gonna have the stealership do the tranny... ill provide napkins and forks u guys bring food :D

#69 · (Edited)
O'reilly's is right around the corner.

Transmission fluid is more of a pain than you think. You have to drop the whole pan since there is no drain hole on it. Since that needs to be done you need a new gasket. While you have the pan off you might as well do the filter and get the Mercedes pan so you dont have to drop it the next time you want to drain and fill. Oh and you either need the $50+ miller dipstick or a 3' long zip tie. Then once you're done you need a DashHawk to monitor the trans temps so you can make sure the fluid is the right level. Diablo products do not include trans temp for some reason.

Best bet on the tcase fluid is just searching for NV146 fluid online. Try to find something with free shipping if possible. 75W-140 gear oil without LSD additive is what you need for the diffs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.