Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Can i drive car with strut brace removed ?

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  WESLEY KAY 
#1 ·
I want to get the engine strut brace painted - but need to continue using car.

Assuming i dont drive it like an idiot will it be ok for a couple of days while its off being painted ?

Thanks

#4 ·
what he said :)

#3 ·
Cool - thankyou !!

#7 ·
Great - that'll be coming off at the weekend then - i assume its just the nuts on the top and it lifts off - i guess the bolts are welded in place ?

#9 · (Edited)
My understanding is that all WK come with a strut bar brace, it's just that the SRT8 strut bar brace is made heavy duty compared to the non-SRT8 strut bar brace.

A SRT8 strut bar brace is a common upgrade/swap for WK owners that do not own a SRT8 WK. The front of the WK will not flex as much with the SRT8 strut bar brace.

#10 ·
You don't need a breaker bar at all and the bolts are not welded in place. You need to move the Coolant Reservoir on the passenger side and then the fuse boxes on the drivers side, which are just held on by plastic tabs. Easy, just time consuming. I've done it like 8 times now. Oh, and just make sure you have a socket extension.

#11 ·
Thanks for that info - if the bolts are not welded in place do they need to be held from below ?

#20 ·
I just saw this....lol. Yup, no space for me with the KB. No issues, but I have not done any autocross events unfortunately. Any aftermarket ones out there if I want to throw one back in? I may have one fabricated.....

#22 ·
Yup, I may go that route. I think I may want to start some autocross, and don't know if I would do it without one.

Reactions: ChrisWK
#24 ·
Yeah good call. Thanks man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.