Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Audio systems question

9K views 72 replies 8 participants last post by  HowIRoll 
#1 ·
I don't see it listed in any of these threads, but what are you guys using to integrate aftermarket amplifiers for components and subwoofers? Not those cheap speaker level inputs to RCAs I hope? I've been doing a bunch of reading on the JBL MS-8 but that thing is very expensive.

I have an 06 with navigation and would love to keep that, while also upgrading the entire stereo to something more to my liking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh... as an aside. I am also looking for someone to build a custom box for me for 2 10s. If you're good with fiberglass, Pm me. I've got money to play with. :)

:cool:

#31 ·
I do need to get on installing them. I had to drag the boxes out to see which ones they were. Hehe! I'm like Jose and shit, stashing mod's under my bed and in my closet. Polyglass 165VR for the rear and K2 Power 165KR for the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#33 ·
I also used LC8I

Roll Out!!

[/IMG]

#35 ·
Thanks!!

Morel speakers throughout... JL Audio HD Series HD600/4 and JL Audio HD Series HD750/1, along with these subs... JL Audio 12W3v3

Roll Out!!
[/IMG]

#37 ·
Sounds Outstanding!! By the way, the subs and the cover for my amps are rapped in carbon fiber. Another thing... Drone from my Borla S... what drone.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Roll Out!!

#39 ·
check this out...

Roll Out!!

[/IMG]

#44 · (Edited)
More weight make more power. :) it's all on quick disconnect... Lower seat and that's all she wrote. And once I add twins, I'll be set all the way around.

Roll Out!!

#49 ·
Don't know how much more you would need, unless you are planning on also installing 24" DUB's and scissor doors too. I had a pair of 12" built into a custom enclosure with a 1200W amp driving them in my Roush Mustang and they didn't provide that much better sound - for at least 5x the cost.

#51 ·
That 10W7 will slam! You will definitely want to dampen the rear hatch. I had one 10w6 being pushed by my 600.1 and it was impressive.

#57 · (Edited)
I'm also going to have a serious front stage with the JL 450/4 amp... I just need to pick speakers that can handle 150wrms :(

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7914-165krx2-focal-65-krx2-2-way-component-system.aspx#

Will those fit in the WK1????
the only issue i can see would be the depth of the woofer and the wiring because tweeters are on the dash and woofers in the doors, might be a pain with the crossovers for install. looks like those are only 100 rms anyway, i wouldnt play around w the wattages on JL amps they are under rated as it is

#59 · (Edited)
These will fit and had good reviews. I got them from an authorized dealer for a little over half woofersetc prices.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7904-165kr-focal-65-2-way-component-system-with-tnk-tweeter.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.