Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Fort Benning, GA

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  MLBarrett 
#1 ·
Looks like I am getting stationed at Benning in June/July. Not sure if I will live on post. Is anyone on here a property manager or know someone in the general area within 30 miles that has a place up for rent? Looking for a 4+ bedroom and 2.5+ bathroom in the range of $1600-$2000 a month. 1900-3000 square feet.

#2 ·
I used to live there for a year...actually lived in Phenix City just across the border. You can get a pretty nice place down there for that kind of money. Some nice places North of Columbus and a quick run down the highway puts you right on the base since Benning is just off the highway.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I know a move is a move but is this a good one for you and the fam? Hope its as stress free and problem free as possible (yeah right lol). When you headed out there?

#7 ·
I've become a pro at it! But it is a good move for my career and family.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
Haha. Good my man glad to hear it.

#9 ·
Welcome to Ft Benning, Home of the Infantry/Armor Center. I just left there about 4 months ago. Dependent on your rank, some of the housing is new and very nice. E1-E6 have relatively new housing and others in the process of being updated. O4- higher are in the same boat with pretty nice housing, while the mid grade officers have quad houses and town home styles. Post really isn't all that bad. its contingent on what you want to do, and what your ambitions are.

There are nice houses out the back gate of FT Benning, but its a drive to civilization or to anything for that fact. They continually try to update the areas around FT Benning, but Exits 8, 10, 12 have some of the nicer homes for rent. For you price point and sq ft, you may have better luck out the back gate of Benning, as the homes are new, big, and relatively inexpensive for the size; however your in Alabama vice Georgia... North Columbus main road is I-185 and it begins in FT Benning and merges with approximately 65 miles north to I-75.

Check with housing upon your arrival, they can give you a great rundown, or atleast the did, and they also had houses that other soldiers/officers were renting as well.. my 2 cents.

#11 ·
Thanks for all the input. I will have to check out that new area. And the housing on post sux for my situation. I have three young boys and need lots of space. I have a family member stationed at Benning and he has been giving me some insight.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
ive lived about 50mi south of ft benning my whole life....youll find what you need for less than you are willing to spend...housing is cheap here.....when you get settled those of us in the area need to get together!!!!

#13 ·
I'm down for a meet up.

#14 ·
I'm down. Live right outside Atlanta. And good luck on the move. At least you won't have to deal with a lot of traffic out there

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#17 ·
#19 ·
My time line moved up. I'll be there in March. Time to start packing. Found three potential houses. One in north Columbus and two in Midland. Fort Mitchell is two far from my cousin.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.