Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

jeep gone

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  malo 
#1 ·
Well fellas, the day came for the Jeep. I have been having problems after problems with it since shortly after I bought it. The last straw was the ticking sound that developed about 2 weeks ago. I changed the exhaust manifold gasket with no luck. Was going to take it to a buddy's shop to do the lifters if I found that the exhaust manifold wasn't warped.

Headed to the Springs yesterday and got the deal I wanted so I traded it in. I really wanted a '12 Jeep SRT8 but with their price, I just couldn't afford it. The vehicle I got is a '12 Charger SRT8 in red. I will post pics as soon as I snap some.

Hope I'm still welcomed here and to the meets. One thing for sure, I will be in another GCSRT8 again sometime.

#2 ·
kinda a bummer to hear you retired your jeep there Juan, sorry u had some issues develop.. but getting into a newer model year SRT product is not a bad thing. so the warped manifold was the cause of the ticking noise or was it a lifter? Hopefully you still come down this Saturday so we can hang out & check out your new Charger..

Sent from Mars with my Autoguide iPad app...

#3 ·
Nothing wrong with that trade!

When our '10 Jeep is done it will likely be the last, the prices now are too much.

#9 ·
#13 ·
Where's the pics man, you've been here long enough to know the rules.

#15 ·
Do I get to race it? I run 14s :). Good trade juSn see u sat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.