Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Hurst releases paddle shifter...

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  gitrdun 
#1 ·
#2 ·
subscribed......that would be pretty cool

#4 ·
Cool idea, but I bet less than 1% of members have ever tack raced their jeep. Personally i find that to be the only time where it would come in handy... That being said, I wouldn't say no to a set either :p haha

#7 ·
I never raced my Acura, but thought the paddle shifters were cool, for about the first month...LOL.....$500 is bit high, but I probably couldn't resist!

#5 ·
very cool mod!!

#9 ·
We all know it won't improve performance but I'm wondering whether installing this could help to reduce the unreliability issues with the ESM. We all use Autostick and isn't the excessive use of the shifter responsible for the wear and tear on the module?

By using the paddle shifter we are eliminating alot of use on the ESM itself. Interesting if it can be retro fitted to our rigs. Previous poster said Hurst wasn't doing one for the Jeeps. Is it the actual electrics involved or the actual mounting hardware that won't fit on our steering columns?

#10 ·
#11 ·
I just posted up about wiring something strait into the esm wiring harness, since all it is, is a contact, it's just a modulating switch, one for up shift, and one for down shift. So if you could manually wire into a switch and remove the nickle contactor ( to take care of the codes that I'm sure will pop up) all you are doing is moving the switch in the esm from down there to your steering column..

#12 ·
TCI had a kit out for a while..I see your point...I was woundering why no one figured out why the tci kit wouldnt work..Im thinking the price is a big factor..that Hurst kit is alot cheaper..might be worth a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free

#13 ·
Even a cheapo kit would work, as long as it has a switch in it, doesn't have to be a certain make it just can't be a digital switch. If someone had a spare esm and a harness I'd try it on my jeep..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.