Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

"ESP, BAS" Light came on??

39K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  WIKDWS6 
#1 ·
Okay i was driving to work today, and ESP, BAS light came on and would not let me turn back on traction control. I parked and got a drink at mobile, started it back up and it was still on... I than went to my work and put it in park... and both the "ESP, BAS" light turned off and so did traction control... wtf is going on!! :mad:

#34 ·
I had a new clock spring put in and it hasn't come back.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#35 · (Edited)
I have had this problem over 50 times. It used to happen every time I went WOT with my cutouts open. The instant it happened (while I am flying down the highway with the pedal to the metal) my jeep would swerve sideways aggressively. I almost ran off the road at over 100 mph one time... Ever since then I never raced with my cutouts open again, until I got it fixed.

The solution for me was 2 things.
1. Attached turn-down tips onto my cutouts to direct the exhaust flow out the side.
2. Replaced a wheel speed sensor... I found out that a wheel sensor had a hairline crack going down the side of it. Im thinking, hot exhaust gasses blowing on that broken wheel sensor made my awd system go nuts.

#38 ·
Nothing to do with the Predator tune as my 300C SRT8 has had the ESP BAS light come on intermittently... now it looks like it is stuck on after the Cam Position Sensor went bad. (Replaced the CPS, but the ESP BAS light is still on.)

Does anyone know if there is a wheel speed sensor on each corner? I hate all the local dealerships here and have had them mis-diagnose issues in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.