Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Service AWD light is on!! Please help

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Tim H Calgary 
#1 ·
My service awd light is on. I replaced stock tranny with level ten built tranny and got the tcm reprogrammed and it drove fine with no light on. Well took to fastlane performance to tune and dyno. When I picked the jeep up light was back on and told the tuner and he said might have to reprogrammed again so I did. Drove around for about an hr after leaving the dealer got a bit to eat and turned it back on and the light is back on.. I've talked to the tuner and shop they have no idea said they didn't mess with the tranny. However they did remove my front drive shaft to dyno an unplugged the transfer case but I checked connection and unhooked the battery to try and reset but no luck..
Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Who reprogrammed the TCM and with what?? What is a level ten trans??

Why would they remove the front driveshaft when all that is required is to remove the actuator motor?

Is this the first Jeep they tuned??

Did you go to Hennessy???

#4 ·
I know when I forgot to plug in the transfer case wiring after installing my transmission this was instantly on my dash. Double check that no wires were pulled out or cut and make sure its snapped all the way in. Mine was a very very tight fight. Check the fluid as well. And I hate to ask...but did they put the front driveshaft back in? I'm with BJB, not sure why they removed the driveshaft and not the motor. Its probably not as big of a deal as the real axle, but I would make sure they installed the front driveshaft in the same orientation as it came out...because of balancing.

#7 ·
So I took it to the dealer and come to find out my TC is burnt up..and from the research I've done the TC motor has to be unplugged and or removed. I didn't have any problem before I took to get tuned..so did the shop cause this because they didn't unplug or remove motor because I watched them they did neither.???? Only removed front driveshaft.. Now they used a diablo tuner and I donno if the ESP was off..

#9 ·
I am no expert but if they had the driveshaft out with the t-case motor still in and ESP off that would be a very bad thing. With ESP off its a 50/50 split. I think during normal operating conditions the t-case only engages when it see's slip in the rear wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.