Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

11K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DrSheldonCooper 
#1 ·
Check engine light came on last night out of the blue. Hooked up to an OBDII reader this afternoon, pulled the code P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow. I erased the code from the system to see if I could replicate it, hasn't come back up yet. Has anyone thrown this code before?

Supposedly the code is supposed to designate that some part of the EVAP control system is no longer functioning correctly. The EVAP system consists of many parts, including (but not limited to) the gas cap, fuel lines, carbon canister, purge valve, and other hoses.

I checked the gas cap, it felt a little loose but wasn't falling off or anything so I have it a few turns so it clicked, maybe that had something to do with it. Just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar. Thanks.

#7 ·
I'll definitely trace the hoses and make sure they're all on there good, just hoping that the gas cap was the culprit and I don't see the code again. I hate seeing that light on, I get all "OCD" about stuff like that and my cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.