Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Best Cat Back Kit with headers (for Drone)

6K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  SRT_JOHNNY 
#1 ·
I'm on this forum every day since I got my 06 GC SRT. There is a lot of people putting their two cents in on a lot of cat back kits. My question is what cat back has the least drone when running headers. I have Borla S and it was great until I got headers. There may be threads for this already so I apologize if this is another one asking same thing.

Right now I’m going to put on cats to see if that kills a bit of the drone. Comments are much appreciated

#8 ·
If you do decide to ditch the borla let me know Tim.

#3 ·
MOPAR/ Corsa cat back is what most of the Chicago guys with headers use. I have no drone issues.

#4 ·
Corsa is one of the best sounding/least drone options for the WK1

Reactions: DCSpecial
#7 ·
Kooks LT's, Borla S and cutouts :D. I would go with Kooks and Corsa if I were you. It can sound loud as hell when you get on it, and the drone isn't bad during daily driving.

#16 ·
I've ran B&B and Mopar with my headers.

B&B is a deeper tone, drones more and not nearly as loud heavy throttle as the Mopar (Corsa).

I've also driven a Borla S with headers......same, deeper tone and drones like a SOB. Forget talking to people sitting in the back seat. LOL

#18 ·
I'm running the Corsa w/ catted Kooks. It's decently loud at regular throttle, but really opens up when you mash the giggle pedal. Very minimal drone, from my experience. Overall, it sounds great all the time.

I can't compare it to other Jeep setups, but compared to my TBSS, it's street manners are a LOT better. The TBSS has stock cast LS2 manifolds, but a full 3" exhaust w/ only a Magnaflow 12641 (6" round, 24" long) muffler.

Don't get me wrong, the TBSS sounds amazing: Idle, cruising, WOT, etc. At ~2k rpms, though, the interior drone is off the charts. I didn't mind it at first, but I've been looking for a resonator more recently...LOL.

#21 ·
Whichever ones you want.

Reactions: Mike22
#20 ·
Has anybody added J-pipes (Helmholtz Resonator) similar to the Solo exhaust? I did on my 2004 GC as the aftermarket exhaust had a terrible drone right at 2000 rpm. It makes a difference.

#22 ·
My Jeep with Kooks headers no cats and Corsa catback. I'm on an IPad so I'm to lazy to embed it. I'm sure Chad (CMN1) will make this into an embedded video instead of a link. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=OwoNWRUS3pI

Reactions: Mike22
#23 · (Edited)
Reactions: Glorysends
#25 ·
and when I copy and pasted the link Matt posted from Youtube it showed up as a link just like his. I actually had to copy link location from my YouTube account to get it to work. This site is behind in the times with their embed stuff.

#29 · (Edited)
After reading multiple threads for seems like hours now, I'm going with the corsa catback. I've got 2 questions for which header setup to order....

1. What difference does 3/4 or 7/8 make when ordering headers and which is better for FI?

2. How much power do you lose on the low end going with catless vs catted?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.