Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Some Procharger D1SC testing with BIG RED Valve!!!

14K views 82 replies 19 participants last post by  Knuckles 
#1 · (Edited)
HEMI TIME is this what your BEAST sounds like???

OR is this you????:D

#54 ·
Gotcha! Didn't know there was something like that. I want the cog setup later. And a cog setup we will do lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

I thought cogged belts were for "race only" applications. On other cog setups I've seen, when you let off the throttle abruptly at high rpms, the inertia from the blower impeller tries to drive the engine, and can shear the crank pulley off. Have they adapted the cog setups for street use now?

#56 · (Edited)
Damn Boost is fun. I must say skip, you've made me happy again with the jeep.
Now that Hemi Tme has the bad ass badges from DC, all blacked out with bling
bling innercooler, I can't find anyone to play :( Most look like they shit themselves
and turn off to clean up.
And now I know who to stay away from!

#57 ·
You guys are all cray-cray! I love the big red valve for purging boost but at ALL other times I hate it! Lol! It sounds like a freaking jet engine in all non boost applications. There is so much air being dumped that it shakes my stock hood and sounds like I have a hole in my firewall. My buddy is running 9.5's in his RT Daytona with a 409 5.7 based inertia build that's fed off an F1 and has a two stage 550 shot on it. They had to use TWO big red valves to effectively purge the boost!

It's ridic. fugg it, everyone of you are right it's obnoxious and makes its point.

#58 ·
I thought a member on here said that the BIg Red valve could be adjusted bro, so that you do not here that sound constantly?

#59 ·
Yes, you are quite right. I haven't had the Jeep since July so once the 392 install is complete later this month I will be able to try that. Also having a 3,800 ish stall doesn't help on surface streets.

#67 ·
well we put the coated 3.2 pulley on with the belt Skip sent us and the car still only grabs 12psi and never even tries to get up past that. we thought it may be a boost leak but it hits 12 psi so fast and holds it nice and steady. it has a 17% overdrive crank pulley on it, wonder if it need a smaller sc pulley..

#68 ·
Hey Max, does it at any point show higher than 12psi on the boost gauge with the 3.2 and the 17% or is it just a consistent 12 across the board?? I'm thinking the ported heads and headers may have something to do with that, we've got guys making up to 12 psi on 3.4 pulleys on stock dampeners with stock engines with just headers/exhausts on them. If anything, we can always drop you down to a 3.0 and try that out, belt wouldn't need to be changed, you'd just have to tighten up the adj blower bracket tensioner if you have wiggle room on it still...

#69 ·
I was about to text you so thanks a lot for reaching out! Your support has been outstanding as usual! It's a consistent 12PSI and no vacuum leaks.
I think the heads are so free flowing that 3.2 pulley is not enough. I think this belt should even be good for 2.8 pulley, but 3.0 for sure.

#71 ·
PM me a price on that coated 3.2 please shipped to 98198? I'm thinking 12 psi would be good for break in on my new engine. Lol!

Skip, the new pulley you sent me is in the Jeep at Troy's, can you check invoices and tell me which one you sent? Thanks in advance if so!

#70 ·
Haha, I was going to shoot you a text but then I saw that post so I figured I'll throw it up on here instead for others to have info. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone on here that would buy that coated 3.2 off you, and considering it's a week old it won't be a hard sell, and we can most likely use that regular 3.2 that came on the blower you have to swap out for the 3.0 and have it sent over to carbinite again for the treatment. The 3.0 with probably bring you up another 1.5 psi or so by my calculation, you want to go with a 2.8 coated instead and try to hit that 15ish mark? Now it's going to be trial and error as you're stepping into a new horizon...

#72 ·
Hey Chad, the pulley that came with your kit was a 3.6, the pulley that was sent later was a 3.5 pulley after doing some searching.

As far as the pulleys go, the 6 rib pulleys are $89 bucks+sh and the coating service is a $90 service to have done by Carbinite, you'll need to run HD belts with the coated pulleys though, either the Gates FleetRunner HD (if right size is avail) or a GoodYear Gatorback

#77 ·
That 3.2 coated is just what I need to bring the beast out of a long overdue hibernation, coma....

#79 ·
Were you using the coated 3.2" pulley on this? 602 HP off 10psi isn't too shabby!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#81 ·
Huh?! Strange man, why would the dyno drop 2 psi? Still 602 HP at 10 psi is very encouraging for me. If I could get 15 psi with the 392 I'd be very very happy. I'll be watching you to see how reclaim this lost boost and get us to 15 lbs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.