Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My new 2012 Super Bee

21K views 155 replies 36 participants last post by  J&D's SRT's 
#1 ·
Yup traded the wife's Inferno Jeep in on a 12 Super Bee. Its still at the dealer for now going to go out Sunday & play with it some. I don't have to give them the Jeep till next Saturday. Will try & get some pics tomorrow while I have it, got dark today. Can't believe how much room there is inside of it compared to the WK1. Here's a photo from online for now.

See less See more
#62 ·
Thanks guys, after the Borla & Zoomers on the Jeeps the stock exhaust just don't cut it. Eskle was right though it has gotten a bit louder. Looks like its real easy to swap in the loud mouth 2 mufflers for a change up every now & than also. Going to be getting some 4.5" black tips for it.

Jim

#63 ·
Reactions: J&D's SRT's
#67 ·
You cant be that much older than me Eskle, 45 here. I take that to mean you would be living it after the wife kicked you out, lol. Not planning on doing anything else except some wheels & maybe headers. My service department don't care about them regarding warranty so I'll have to wait & see what it sounds like with the cat back. Its fast enough for me in stock form for a DD so no need to go into the motor.

Jim

#72 ·
#77 ·
I looked at mine today! Started it up, then put it back to bed.
The wife is getting pretty tired of the mountaineer!
That thing should sound great Jim.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#81 ·
Well HOLY MOTHER FOCKER this b!tch is F'n LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! Took a little drive today down to the exhaust shop & got the SLP Loudmouth cat back put on the Bee. Still waiting to get my other tips back from being ceramic coated but I couldn't wait any longer & was not motivated enough to do it myself. I wanted to see just how loud it was going to turn out in case I needed to make a muffler change. Let me just say that the Borla on my Jeep & the Zoomers on my wife's old Jeep aren't even on the same page when it comes to loud. The guy at the exhaust shop was just shaking his head laughing at the empty resonators. I absolutely love it but I think it is going to be to obnoxiously loud for everyday driving. I'll try & get some vids next weekend was to busy playing today :D & a huge snow storm coming tomorrow. That initial hit on start up is crazy loud, idling isn't that bad but anything past 2k rpm she is screaming, 6k is just insane.

#83 ·
Not even a cold start video in the garage? C'mon?!!!!

#88 ·
Whenever I get the charger ill be getting the loud mouth!

#92 ·
Jim, it sounds mean! Cell phone may not be the greatest at capturing sound but trust me, it does it justice!

Reactions: J&D's SRT's
#93 ·
Jim, it sounds mean! Cell phone may not be the greatest at capturing sound but trust me, it does it justice!

Thanks Chad, I will admit listening to it on the laptop is somewhat better sounding then hearing it on the cell. Still I wish it captured it better. Going to grab a GoPro Black when I get a chance & see how that does. Hopefully I can catch some of the burbbeling sound when letting off the gas & some screaming at 6k.

I got my tips back from getting ceramic coated the other day & the loudmouth 2 mufflers arrived today. They wont be much quieter, they are 3'' straight through the middle with a perforated sleeve holding maybe 1/2" of packing against the outside edge. Going to leave it like it is for a while as they are made to be easily swappable back & forth. It will be interesting to hear the difference though.

#98 ·
That thing sounds wicked Jim. The wife would kill me if I did that to ours! It's coming out of the garage this weekend.
Oh come on Eskle she wont notice. :rolleyes: Actually the factory X-pipe is very nice, he was shocked something like that came from the factory. We debated about leaving it swapping mufflers & cutting out the resos.

Lol I'm serious man! Sounds good, not sure if it's the wind helping it sound like that,but badass for sure haha.

I saw a GoPro 3 sliver edition for 299 at Dick's sporting goods.

Really the only wind is the couple bursts near the end, that why I was standing sideways trying to block it, lol.

Yeh I saw them for 300 Jay but with the black you can shoot 1080p/60 instead of just 1080p/30 with the silver, plus you get the $80 remote with the black.
Yeah I think saving 'tax' is about best you can do.
Hey $30 is better then nothing, maybe Best Buy will have a sale where they give you a gift card or something like they do with Apple stuff.

#106 ·
It's all about the Michelin Pilot Super Sports Jimmy boy! Trust me, they are the shiatttt

#107 ·
Yeh those are what I would of liked John for the rain factor, but they don't come in 275/40 I think the closest was 285/35 which was about an inch smaller in diameter. I didn't want to make the wheel well gap any bigger & lowering is out of the question, can barely get in the driveway now. I've felt the backend wiggle at 75 on the highway in the rain with the NT05's. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.