Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Worlds Fastest NA Jeep Srt8 Claim

8K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  retro-king 
#1 ·
Is this the true record holder?

#2 ·
Yup he sure is.... Thats Retro Kings 440 Beast.... If anyone claims to have the fastest Jeep out there then you will find them on this forum... hehehe...

#3 ·
I'd say true. Retroking is a member on this site. Amazing Jeep, wheelies and all!

#5 ·
I wonder if his jeep can do wheelies?

#7 ·
Didn't you watch the video? LOL

Reactions: Mongoose9400
#15 ·
Lol you clowns of course I know it can do wheelies, it's a TBSS right?

#23 ·
^^Nice!! Fun watching his Jeep take off down the track and looking forward to the results with this refresh and the addition of some Track PED's.

#26 · (Edited)
Maybe I'll chime in... lol! Yes, all motor currently but Chris was a little off in the power rating...it is actually closer to 650 with the mild build. I say mild as is actually slightly below 12:1 and a small cam comparatively to the stuff some are running. Joe ( Lpm) and I came up with this configuration 2 years ago and it worked out fairly well. Still haven't sprayed it, but next season I mostly likely will. Going to tear it down in the next month or two so we can see how it looks and I'll decide at that point what I'm doing for sure. It will either be more for nitrous or straight N/A with a wilder spec sheet.

Picked up a bit of power recently and hoping for 10.20's-.30's next time out on good tires. Of course, the new SHR tranny will finally allow it to run to its potential.

#27 ·
What tranny are you currently running and how many miles on it Eric?

#31 · (Edited)
I have a Viking now. The new SHR tranny wasn't done when I got it from Eddie, but we arranged for it to go back when the new parts are ready. I had a Century tranny previously as Chris stated, and the first one I had seemed to work fine except a flare right at the 3-4 shift when I was under 600 rwhp. Sent it for warranty and got bent over with no lube and I don't take too kindly to that! Lol! However, I am making more power now and I don't think the Century liked to work with anything above 600 to start with so I gave Eddie a call and couldn't be happier with how it worked out. Thanks Eddie!

Reactions: Knuckles
#32 ·
I have a Viking now. The new SHR tranny wasn't done when I got it from Eddie, but we arranged for it to go back when the new parts are ready. I had a Century tranny previously as Chris stated, and the first one I had seemed to work fine except a flare right at the 3-4 shift when I was under 600 rwhp. Sent it for warranty and got bent over with no lube and I don't take too kindly to that! Lol! However, I am making more power now and I don't the Century liked to work with anything above 600 to start with so I gave Eddie a call and couldn't be happier with how it worked out. Thanks Eddie!
Thanks Eric! What exactly is 3rd to 4th gear flaring? Would that be like rolling into gear or if you saw it in a log would rpm ramp UP and then go across and then ramp down?

Thanks!

#33 ·
It was like it would pop out of gear for a split second before it actually shifted. Yes, you could see it on the log as an rpm spike right before the shift.

#37 ·
pretty sure this jeep did a massive wheelie once,, bounced and all looked amazing!!!
but BB has done the biggest wheelie ever,, i think one rear wheel came off the ground too..
it was awsome to see it it lift,, and sickening when it landed ,, oooouchhh boy did it come down hard

#39 ·
Does anyone know what kind of rearend Eric has his his Beast? Just curious......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.