Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Reso delete with stock exhaust

7K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  vdubjetta02 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I did a search and didn't find anything......I'm just wanting to add a little more growl to the exhaust sound. Nothing too loud to where I get the wife pissed at me. Would removing the resonators do the trick? Or should I just get an exhaust? I was also thinking of the Magna flow 12599 muffler.

#2 ·
Yea it might give you a tad more volume, but deleting the resos altogether and putting in a better flowing muffler or exhaust system would be your best bet, sir..........you wont get TOO loud on the exhaust until you start adding cutouts and headers............

#3 ·
I recently did a reso delete, at the suggestion of a couple of other forum members here, and I absolutely love the sound now. Definitely gives it a little more of a growl, I've got compliments on it as well. Got some new, thicker walled tips installed too, whole thing only cost about $275 which I thought was a great deal. Not too loud, but not too quiet, just perfect to me. I attached a few pics too so you could see what the process looks like. Good luck!!!

Attachments

Reactions: OsuCowboySRT8
#11 ·
I just did the same exact thing last week. Love the sound and have gotten a lot of compliments already. I find it funny when people ask what mufflers I put on and I tell them none! What I love the most is there is practically zero drone. I say test it out. If your going to do exhuast your just going to cut it off anyways!!

#4 ·
Reactions: OsuCowboySRT8
#5 ·
I am thinking of doing the exact same, Magnaflow 12599 + reso delete. I am probably a few weeks out on mine, when are you thinking of doing yours? One of us can be the guinea pig for the other!

#6 ·
There is no need to guinea pig it. It has been done and most complain of drone but it is louder. If a search was really done it was a poor one at that.

#12 ·
cmn1- classy post, especially coming from a mod.
Thanks. All you had to do was type resonator into the search section and read. Start from the back and work forward as this was one of the only options back in the day.

#13 · (Edited)
What you did will only make you want a real cat back for sure , being down this road before he he , and few bucks and experiments later , I end up with cat back exhaust system . Then comes the urge of trying different exhaust set up . Mine was Magflow , B&B , Borla S , and finally settled with the Corsa and Kooks Headers .

#17 ·
I'm just about to do the same thing. I was actually just on here looking for that magnaflow part number haha. I jus bought some tube to replace the resos for now. When I get the muffler put on I will get nowhere pipes and tips. I figure this will save a bit, rather put the 13-1500 for a cat back towards headers...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#20 ·
Does doing this mod effect State(MO) emission test... In other words will it still pass?

#21 ·
This has nothing to do with emissions. Change your cats and you may fail.

Reactions: RBugnitz
#24 ·
Can someone post a video of what the reso delete sounds like with stock exhaust?

#26 ·
So what about State safety test... Will it pass with reso delete

Im sure its different for every state? Anyone know the answer to this for Missouri???

#28 ·
Thanks brotha! Looks like im heading to muffle shop tomorrow!!!! Tags dont expire for a few more months and didnt want to screw myself by cutting them off and then not being able to pass. Thanks again man!

#30 ·
Old thread but I got a big question will cutting the resos hurt the low end perforamace? Next will installing a a magnflow muffler and keeping the stock resos be better sounding with no drone, or cutting the stock resos but keep stock muffler sound better with no drone. I want little loud but no drone?

#31 ·
If you don't want done, don't cut out resonators. It doesn't bother me. I just downshift when it drones or turn the music up! Not sure about the magnaflow. Check out the solo exhaust, I took a ride in a Jeep with one. Very little drone if any and sounded great. Affordable too.

#34 ·
I'll say with an AFE intake and Res delete, I am obsessed with the sound of this car now... I highly recommend the res delete mod with an intake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.