Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

OEM IAT sensor removal?

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  06silSRT8 
#1 ·
So trying to install my 4" BWoody CAI and unsure how to remove the OEM IAT sensor from stock tubing. My BWoody didn't come with a new sensor...any help would be great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
just did this last week let me tell you it was a real pain in the ass took my longer to get the damn thing out then it did to install the whole intake. i had a buddy hold the intake tube and i pryed and pulled in it with a flat head screwdriver be very careful doing this not to damage the sensor. it takes a lot of force

#3 ·
#4 ·
How do u get the filter down in there without scratched up all the sides of it!?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 · (Edited)
i moved my coolant tank out of the way and i pushed the inner fender well inwards as it is able to flex faily easily and i had the filter mounted and tightened down on the intake tube then pushed it into the bumper it was pretty tight but i did not scratch mine and found it easier then laying under neath and mounting filter afterwards.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Turn your tires to the right, jack the jeep up a bit on the passenger side (use a jack stand) and go from underneath with the filter. Wipe with your finger a very little amount of WD-40 around the rim of the opening on the filter and it'll slide right on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Tyson33
#11 ·
Yes, the IAT is further down the intake than stock.

There is also one plastic rivet you can remove from inside the fender that'll give you plenty of room to slide the filter in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.