Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Zero to 60 mph times

116K views 548 replies 144 participants last post by  JeepFreak12 
#1 ·
I have been consistently getting 0-60 times in the 4.6 to 4.8 sec range when in sport mode, but when I used track mode and the paddle shifters to control the shift points, I was able to get a 4.4 sec mark. Has anyone else been using track or sport mode with the paddle shifters with similar results?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Still breaking mine in. Did my first 0-60 pull. 5.8 seconds in track mode auto shifting. The roads were wet and spun all four tires.

4.4 is impressive!

Quick question. When using paddle shifters does it ever auto shift to the next gear. Like certain modes will and others won't, etc....?

#4 ·
The 8k miles are mostly highway, WI to IL, WI to TN, WI to CA. Not a lot of issues, but the Adaptive Cruise Control which I love has gotten loose and needs to be secured again as it is producing false positives with unnecessary brake warnings. The 0to60 times where on my SRT8 with the added weight of the hitch, and a 6'4" 225lb driver, and only 4 gal (i.e. 32lbs) of fuel.

I don't think it auto shifts, but I am not sure as I didn't keep it in gear to the red line. However, my understanding was that it would cut the fuel so that you didn't blow the engine, but would not auto shift out of the gear you were in.

#5 · (Edited)
4.3!

It woke up after a few miles.

Oh yeah, this was in sport mode for those that don't know what they are seeing on the dials. I let the transmission do the shifting unless it's around a corner, can't do as well as it does in a straight line.

#6 ·
4.3!

It woke up after a few miles.
Awesome time! Once we get some tuning I can see some 4.0's or less easy IMO. I gain 0.75 second on my WK1 with just a CMR tune on 0-60.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: yaccster
#10 ·
Impressive times! Its looking like the WK2 might actually be a little quicker than on average from 0-60 than the WK1’s. That was not to be expected IMO.

#14 · (Edited)
I'm pretty much at 6.0s 0-60 times. Usually I'm in track mode, TC on, and paddle shifting. This is at 5500-6000' elevation.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#16 ·
IA?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#20 ·
What's your technique? Mode, TC On/off, paddles or auto.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#22 ·
They say 2-3k miles and you should start to see the best times.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#25 ·
Best on my EVIC is a 4.8 at lower elevation, that was with about 300 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#27 ·
Curious to see what you get KM. you ever do that throttle body?

#30 ·
I was looking at throttle bodies, forgot the site, they said 10hp gains without tuning.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#31 ·
Has anyone done this with GPS? The factory computer doesn't really count IMO. That's like people posting low 4s and 3s with a dashhawk. I want to see some real world GPS numbers to get an accurate idea of how these measure up to the Wk1.

#34 ·
With a 25 gallon tank, a gallon weighs about 8 pounds so that is 200 pounds weighing down the Jeep or basically like driving with another person in the vehicle when the tank is full. When the fuel light comes on you have 3 gallons left or 24 pounds of fuel, that is when I usually get the better times.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#38 · (Edited)
Has anyone tried the method the srt engineers mentioned below:

- Switch to TRACK - Engage 1st gear (paddle or console shifter)

- Raise RPMs to around 1,000 but not more than 1,100

- Get your foot off the brake pedal as quickly as humanly possible to minimize brake drag, while obviously flooring the gas pedal at the same rate

- Keep a close eye on the tach, when the needle gets to 5,200, shift to 2nd gear

#39 ·
Has anyone tried the method the srt engineers mentioned below:

- Switch to TRACK - Engage 1st gear (paddle or console shifter)

- Raise rpm’s to around 1,000 but not more than 1,100

- Get your foot off the brake pedal as quickly as humanly possible to minimize brake drag, while obviously flooring the gas pedal at the same rate

- Keep a close eye on the tach, when the needle gets to 5,200, shift to 2nd gear
Noted ? I'll play with that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#40 ·
Using track mode, got 4.8 with me shifting, and 4.9 in auto. 975 miles on it and 74º. Definitely gets faster with more miles. At first I was consistently getting 5.8's, then 5.3's around 500 miles, and now 4.8's:D. Cant wait for more miles......colder weather down here in south Florida........and a supercharger;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.