Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Just got pulled over - Cop called my car "The beast"

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  srt812 
#1 ·
So I was just driving home from dinner with a friend, we pulled up to a light under a bridge and I decided to launch the jeep with traction control off at around 2K. AS soon as I fly through the intersection, a notice the car behind me was a cop with those low profile LED lights. I just bow my head, pull over and shut the jeep off before he hits the lights. He comes over, tells me he pulled me over for exhibition of speed,checks my registration and license, comes back and says "I know this thing is a beast and has a lot of power but try to slow down.. have a good one." SRT love right there. 4th time pulled over in the srt, 0 tickets.

Last year someone mentioned on here about a prius tearing up their license plate or something along those lines, well sure enough, that same day I read that, I was driving with two prius's next to me, I missed my turn so I speed up a bit, got in the turn lanes, and u-turned back on the road but noticed this prius was on my ass.. follows me, and as soon as I hit the street, he pulls down his visors, hidden leds, walks over with his buddy. UNDERCOVER COPS, wearing street clothes, badge around the neck and pistols under their flannel shirt. After a pep-talk and telling me he pulled me over for trying to race him, tells me" I bet you didnt see that coming", saw my fire academy shirt, he let me go.. WTF hahaha I guess there are nice cops out there

#2 · (Edited)
The second story reminds me of the movie "The Other Guys". Hopefully those cops didn't loose their Prius to a "soup kitchen".

Cool stories. I've been let off a couple times as well :D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: tugboatchad
#3 ·
Haha, Dirty mike and the boys. Yeah, something about those tampon on wheels. Prius and mini van drivers are pretty crazy.

#4 ·
Good one, I was drifting in my srt8 charger with the dmh cutouts wide open and the cop said "cool car but don't do that here any more"
and the same cop got me again later for expedition but let me go again, I now drive like my Gramma through here lol

#7 ·
I think there are a lot of cops who are car guys and get it. As long as your polite and whatnot, usually they are pretty cool. Two times tho, your just lucky.

#6 ·
How are you supposed to do a Desk Pop with a wooden gun :lol:

#9 ·
Hahahahah, i did the same exact thing....at a red light, ripped it out of the hole, unmarked cop car was directly behind me!

Pulls me over, yelled at me and let me go....he was off duty and said he was on his way to the gun range.

Prius cop cars huh? I better watch out for those....

#12 ·
What is this? It's a rape whistle....

I've never been let off yet. One cop nailed me for 4 bogus tickets! 2 points and $1,600 in fines. Reeeediculous! I fought them and walked away from every single one but cost me $550 for the traffic attorney. He was a hater!

#13 ·
I got my first ticket a few weeks ago. It was dark and I didn't realize I was coming onto the highway right next to a cop. I stepped on it to see where my A/F was, as I was heading to the track later. I let off as soon as I got a solid reading (only a couple seconds, didn't check speedo, but figure I hit about 90/95) and started slowing down....then the lights came on. He was pissed. lol. Normally, my military ID gets me a break, but not this time. Said he got me at 86 (he was behind a car initially) but was doing me a favor and wrote me for 70 (in 55). But I did get, "what the hell is this thing?"

#14 ·
Well a lot of cities and highways are pretty close here so we have a variety of new cop cars and state troopers. Some have the ghost decals on them and its near impossible to read. Lately ive seem new taurus SHO cops, new explorers, tahoes, new body charger with stealth lights, and in MO I was pulled over by a 4 door superduty cop with hidden lights in the bumper/grill. Sneaky sneaky..

#16 ·
Wow a Prius! Never heard of that before but glad you got out of it. 2 tickets with the jeep so far, cost me about $500 all together but got supervision for both of them and didn't go on my record.

....................It looks like Scarface sneezed on your car, ya my Suburban shit one of these things.

#17 ·
You should have asked the cop if he yelled "America!" trying to keep up with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.