Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

LC1 Issues

5K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  5000XD 
#1 ·
I have been working on getting the LC1 installed all day. I cannot locate a good twelve volt switched wire. I have found a couple that read 12 volts but they are not enough to heat up the sensor. I even spliced it into the cigarette lighter?? What gives? Does anybody know where to find a wiring schematic for the WK2? Or where I should hook up the 12v wire. Thanks

#2 ·
In for answers

#3 ·
Thats weird.... I have mine connected to the Cig lighter with a 5 amp fuse and don't see why it should be any different on the WK2 as I have a WK1. Have you tried a constant 12 volt source just to see if the LC1 works at all?

#4 ·
Thats funny you ask, I hooked it up to the cig lighter in the center console, 12v all the time, and same thing. Just a flashing light.... I am so pissed right now. I spent all day fuc@#$% with this thing, the jeep is still on jack stands, dash torn apart, hands scraped up, mind blown, LC1 not working, wine not kicking in yet, can't take it much longer................

LC1 gets warm not hot..

#5 ·
Do you have the install guide? Page 20/21 shows some troubleshooting tips.

#6 ·
Page 8 shows a specific first time start up procedure of the sensor. Did you follow that?

#9 · (Edited)
page 8 shows a specific first time start up procedure of the sensor. Did you follow that?

yup..............Did that so many time and it was so cold out that after unhooking the sensor from the lc1 so many times the little clip that holds the to together decided to break off.... So now when I finally get it right I will have to tape the two together so they will not vibrate apart...

It was so much easier on my WK1.............

#10 ·
Thanks skip, I have talked to them a couple of times. They told me to use the cig lighter. tried that and no go. I have been using my multimeter, with a sharp point on the pos to double check 12v. I have tried four different 12 volt sources with no luck. Each time spicing into my new 2012 jeep wiring harness!!!! Gotta love putting electrical tape on such a nice harness! Hopefully tomorrow I will figure something out. I have to work tomorrow afternoon so lets hope I figure out something early.

I thought I was going to hook u guys up with a easy install of the LC1. The first wire I found was super easy to get to, had a 12 volt signal, looked to be at least 12 gauge. Who knows maybe I screwed something else up...

BTW, innovate said not to hook it up the the ignition?

#15 ·
Maybe I have the led hooked up wrong. Can anybody help..

Here is how I have is hooked up.

LED, two sides, anode(longer), Kathode(shorter). Wire soldered on to the Anode side connected to the black wire of the lc1. I have the momentary pushbutton switch(normally closed) soldered between the ground wire coming off the Kathode side.

AWE SHIT..... Looking at the pack I grabbed at radio shack of momentary switches, they are normally closed!!!

I thought they are supposed to be normally open?

I thought that is what I grabbed earlier.

Please somebody specify what kind I need to have.

Normally open or closed.

Thanks!

#16 · (Edited)
Your LC1 should have come with an Open Momentary switch.... With the car off..... Check it with your Meter and set it to Ohms and put your Red and black probe on each side of the switch to see of its open or is showing continuity( 0 Ohms)... The schematic says you need an Open switch so that when you push it it will be macking contact wioth ground..... Sounds like you have it connected correctly, but doing that test with your meter will tell us more...

#23 ·

#24 ·
End of story. I hooked up my laptop to the lc1 to see what was going on after numerous other experiments. The lcd light was not working correctly. When plugged into the computer I could see what was happening. It did its open air calibration and all was good. With it hooked it up I did some recording, along with some dataloggin on the trinity. At WOT I am seeing 12.1/12.2, crusing and ideling 14.5/6. Looks pretty good as of now. This is with the 91 canned tune. I will try it stock, 91, then 93 hopefully tommorrow and then send johan some logs. Diablo is working on getting the trinity to be able to read a/f mixtures as we speak so hopefully soon I can moniter it through the trinity instead of my computer.

If I would of hooked up the computer immediately after my initial install I would of saved about 10 hours and alot of stress!!!!

I will take a pic of the wire I spliced into for the 12 volt power, so it will save the future installers some time. Also I went through the floor panel instead of the firewall. I will include that pic also.

#25 · (Edited)
Cool glad you got it working man! So your able to record a log with the wideband, but not able to see in in the actual dataviewer program?

#28 ·
#29 ·
rconner did you have the bung welded in and did the rest of the install yourself?

Question: Any guys ever use on of these?
http://www.aemelectronics.com/no-weld-o2-sensor-mount-3-inch-1175
Yes my mechanic friend welded it in for me and I did the rest. If I would of known what I know now before I started the install it would of taken me 2-3 hours, instead of 24 hours. I can walk you through anypart you need help on. Considering I had half of my jeep apart. I am planning on posting some kind of cheater post on this install after the holiday's, but until then if anybody has any questions shoot me a call four 1 zero 4 three 0 2 zero zero 2.

Zac, I thought about using one of those I saw in Jegs, but it worried me and it looks like crap. And that is what it cost me to get it welded in. On my Wk1 you could drill and weld it in place. On the WK2 you have to remove the section of exhaust where you want the sensor. There is not to many places on the stock exhaust to put one. If you plan on getting headers it might be eaiser. But until somebody gets some and does it who knows, there is not alot of room under there and there are other wires and sensors all over. Let me know if you need anything. Now I can finally do some real datalogging and tweak this biotch!!

#30 ·
I'm just gathering info for now. I won't have the time to install a wideband on my Jeep until around the end of the year. I'll be away on business until then, though I'm flying home tomorrow for a couple days. I'm going to try and swing by the local performance shop in Albuquerque tomorrow and see what they say. I'm thinking I may go with AEM, but not sure yet. I've been reading up on various widebands and setups when I have down time at work. The local shop offers AEM and is running specials on them. I'm thinking I may just have them do the whole install for me for the convenience. I'm also debating putting in a dedicated A/F gauge, but would need to figure out a mounting solution I like.

You have some good info and I appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing your install pics when you get it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.