Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New Addition, Vancouver, WA

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  JS08GCSRT8 
#1 ·
Hello,

Been a long time since I've been a n00b on a car forum so feels weird writing this.

Bought a 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8 in Modern Blue Pearlcoat. Has 36k miles, lowered a bit with what looks like a Bwoody CAI. Slotted rotors and quite a list of options. This is my favorite color of them and have seen very few so was happy to find one.

Also in the garage is an 06 Evo MR and my wife's Ralliart Sportback.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have a lot to learn about this new machine, hopefully the forum will be gentle. :D

#2 ·
Welcome from northern VA. Seattle is my hometown! Enjoy the site. Tons of info!!!!

#3 ·
Welcome bro! It sure seems like the 'Couv is the new member hotspot for W. Washington and this forum. I live in Des Moines (S. Seattle area) but get down to Vancouver quite a bit since my buddies shop is there and he works on my Jeep.

Lets see some pics? Any future mods planned?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
It's been pouring rain since I bought it so not any pics yet. Truthfully not sure where I will go with mods as of this point and time. Considering I have 2 other cars and they are both forced induction, I kind of already get my fill there. Probably an exhaust of some sort. Maybe the factory sub or something. As I said.. I've always liked them but I haven't ever studied that deep into them as I have had my Evo for over 6 years.

Thanks for all the welcomes though, I greatly appreciate it!

#5 ·
Welcome man click on my signature were having a party on saturday

#7 ·
Totally forgot about the super bowl! All good man we have them alot so don't be a stragner!

#12 ·
Wow, I have only seen ONE single Jeep SRT8 in Vancouver since moving here and it's black. I used to have the only Modern Blue one around! :)

If you see me in my Jeep be sure to flash or holler man! OR, if you see my 2012 Tungsten grey 300 SRT8 get my attention (only one around that I know of)... or I will get yours, lol! I love seeing more SRT8s! Welcome and congrats!

#13 ·
Gibby,

I think I've seen you before. Do you live south of Fourth Plain on 121st Ave? I have seen a Modern Blue SRT8 come out of that area a few times in the last year. If my memory serves correct you also had British Columbia plates? It has always been my favorite color so was very excited to finally get this one.

I was told however that the previous owner also lived in the Vancouver area, but it just wasn't driven much (I bought it with 36k miles). So you weren't the only one, just this was a garage queen.

To be completely honest I have no idea what the Tungsten Grey looks like, but I love the 300 SRT8 as well. I really wanted a WK2 SRT8 but thought it would be a smarter move to buy a used one for my first.

I attached a pic as requested by other thread posters. Since it was sunny today we washed all the cars up and I snapped a quick pic.

Thanks again for all the welcomes :)

Attachments

#14 ·
Your Jeep looks fantastic! ...And quite familiar, lol!

We live south of Fourth Plain right near 130th, so you're close enough! But we have WA plates on the rig. Never lived in Canada! Maybe you saw it when she had Illinois plates on it for the first month or so we moved back to WA.

I also want a WK2 SRT8 but they don't make them in blue yet, so the wife won't let me trade in her Jeep until then! The 300 is mine, the Jeep is hers, lol.

Hope to see you rolling soon and perhaps meet up some time.

#16 ·
I also want a WK2 SRT8 but they don't make them in blue yet, so the wife won't let me trade in her Jeep until then! The 300 is mine, the Jeep is hers, lol.

The 2014 will have the color Maximum Steel which is very similar to the Steel Blue that the OP has. The Jeep SRT8 that is at the Chicago Auto Show is this color. It looked great in person.
http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/...e=lovetakingphotos/pictures&album=8&albumPath
(check out pics 90-94)

Also, welcome to the OP. Nice looking Jeep.

#15 ·
Welp, looks like I've been corrected. I met with Gibby this weekend and we discovered that our WK1's are not the same color. His is a Modern Blue (produced second half of '08) but mine is a Steel Blue (produced first half of '08).

Considering that here in our area blue WK1's are extremely rare it's cool to know that though they are a shade of blue, we are both still unique and not the same color.

Attached is a pic he took of the two really quick.

Attachments

#18 ·
JS08GCSRT8 and Gibby, have you heard of Cascades Cars and Coffee at Cascade Station near the airport? Would love to meet you guys on a dry day.

#19 ·
Dave, I have and have been wanting to go with my DSM's but just never made it. I talked to Gibby about venturing out there sometime with the Jeeps though and making a showing. When it comes to the DSM community you're not very impressive unless you're way heavily modified. However, when it comes to the Jeeps, they are rare enough on their own that you don't really have to have much done and people still like to see them.

Would love to meet there sometime and get to meet ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.